• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print to Adobe PDF

Participant ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update I have not been able to print to Adobe PDF.   When I try out of MS Word or Excel, it opens the location to save the file then nothing.  Nothing happens.  I just tried to printn out of Photoshop.  It appeared to start working then the progress bar just stopped.   I thought perhaps it was stuck due to the size of the file so I opened Word and tried printing from there.   I got the same stuck screen but notice the document name (for the file name I typed in "test") vs the PDF progress bar.  The document name is the file I tried to print from Photoshop.

Print-stuck.jpg

So I rebooted and tried to print the Word doc.  The dialog box opened as to where to save.   Then nothing. 

So I thought I would try a simple Photoshop file.  I opened a letter size board and drew a yellow circle on it.  Tried to print then got this:

stuck-2.jpg

Now the print box seems to be stuck on the document. 

I wound up having to print to MS PDF. 

HELP!!!  I use print to PDF a LOT.  

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Update:  I uninstalled everything except the cloud app.  Cleaned the registry.  Rebooted, cleaned the registry again and rebooted again.   Reinstalled.  It works now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the operating system updated too?

Have you tried repairing the Acrobat installtion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never done a repair to Adobe.   I will find out how and try it.  Thank you.  As far as operating system update, I had one but it was after the Adobe update and before I started having issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried repairing Acrobat DC.  Didn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, Adobe put a lot of work so you didn't need to print to PDF from Excel or Word. You get a MUCH better result by using Acrobat from the Word/Excel ribbon than you can possibly get by printing to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  I uninstalled everything except the cloud app.  Cleaned the registry.  Rebooted, cleaned the registry again and rebooted again.   Reinstalled.  It works now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good deal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines