Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Print using GoToMyPC Printer

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I am experiencing an issue when printing to a local printer using GoToMyPC. When I am remotely connected to my office computer, I am able to print to my printer at home instead of the office printer using a feature of GoToMyPC called GoToMyPC Printer. It works for programs like Word, but not Acrobat DC, preventing me from printing PDFs.

The error I get is a pair of dialog boxes that pops up. The first is “This document cannot be printed.” followed by another saying “An error occurred while printing the document.” The printer then spits out a blank page.

Here are the steps I’ve taken so far to try and resolve this issue:

1. I verified that I am using the standard page size (letter) rather than a custom one when printing the PDF.
  2. I installed the 21.007.20099 Planned update well as the new planned updates up to and including the 22.001.20169 Planned update.
  3. I uninstalled the 32-bit version of Acrobat DC and installed the 64-bit version of the program.
  4. I installed the Reader version of Acrobat to see if is also experiencing the issue. It is.
  5. I reinstalled GoToMyPC and made sure I had the latest version. To be clear, I can print to the local printer using other programs without issue using the GoToMyPC printer feature without issue.
  6. I removed and re-added the printer via GoToMyPC.
  7. I tried using the latest version of NovaPDF (the print driver that GoToMyPC uses to provide this print option.)
  8. I reset the user preferences of Acrobat DC by deleting the relevant folders.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can try. I would very much appreciate any help. Thanks!

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

I was having similar issues.  Here is how I resolved not being able to print Adobe documents from my remote gotomypc session...

- Go to print

- Click "Advanced" button

- See if "Print As Image" is checked.  If so, uncheck it.  

When I followed these instructions, I was able to print Adobe files again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

As you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps with no success, Please try the workaround as mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Right click on your PDF file. (NOT AN OPEN PDF)
2. Click Properties.
3. 'Opens with:'.
4. Select Chrome and click OK.
5. Now, the next time you open a PDF file it should open in a new Chrome tab. and then print from chrome window.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I work in IT and this issue is creating a major issue with clients that use GoToMyPC and Adobe Acrobat / Reader. I was first alerted about this issue about a month ago. The issue definitely starting happening after an Adobe update. I was hoping Adobe would have come out with a patch / update to fix this by now and that is how I stumbled upon this thread. In hopes to help eleviate any frustrations with others having this issue, I wanted to present my findings and offer a REAL workaround to this problem. The fact that an employee at Adobe calls THIS as solution and marks the topic as solved is appalling. Telling a user to instead open a PDF document in a DIFFERENT program and then print is NOT a solution. If fact, it highlights and verifies that the issue is with Adobe. Sadly, this is the current state of software support these days. Adobe needs to get on the ball and stop releasing updates that break basic functions. But I digress... here is what I found is the real workaround to this problem until Adobe finally fixes it:

In the Adobe print window, make sure the GoToMyPC printer is selected

At the bottm left of the print window, click on Page Setup

Change the SOURCE to "Automatically Select"

Click OK, and you should be able to print to your GTMPC printer

I found that this setting stays in place while Adobe remains open. If you close Adobe or reboot, you will need to change the setting again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I like this better than changing the face of my pdfs to google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, this was a HUGE help. I have been pulling my hair out, not literally, trying to figure out this error and irritated every single time I have to save the documents to my hard drive and open with Google Chrome, and there are a LOT of documents. Thank you for sharing!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me as well. I don't even have to change the settings, I just open page setup and click ok and it will then print. I seem to need to do this each and every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to work.  Very weird and apprecaite the help.  Also, you are spot-on on the Adobe TS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting in this old thread to all concerned.

To Both defaultmq and Amal those are excellent solutions!

+++ And adding to this thread,

Printer settings can stay permanent if you customize the Advanced Printing Preferences.

See here:

This link does not provide good illustrations to aid with step-by-step visuals  on how to mess around with Adcanced Printing Preferences but I've done it before at work.

In fact, all you're doing is customizing a preset, which  can be accessed through the print server settings interface as well via  Control Panel-->> Devices and Printers (if on Microsoft Windows) or via CUPS (in Unix-like operating systems).

Once you've customized the desired preset it will remain available until the user(s) select(s) another one or creates a new one.

On a side note:

I will politely concurr with Amal's solution since it  helps alleviate the observed issue.

I've also worked in IT for many years with a solid background in PC repair and trobleshooting.

As a PC repair person, I am aware of being at the bottom of the pyramid as opposed to certified systems engineers or developers.

None of my solutions will ever be elegant nor orthodox; and much less in-line with vendors or  corporate doctrines when it all boils down to get the job done and meet the deadlines.

In other words, let's say that  I've exhausted all of my resources trying to figure out a problem with no definite answer, SO, if I decide to grab a hammer and beat the hell out of my misbehaving printer and it works after that... Oh well, I guess that was my solution!!

So I will go ahead and aplaud  Amal's band-aid remedy for being able to provide a resolution in under a 24 hour period and for you in under a month.

Both workarounds seem to have helped many others.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I politely disagree.  I have 42 years as a programmer writing 6502 assembly language before the internet existed.  It is unprofessional and condescending to offer a so-called solution to a apparently buggy program.  With SaaS where we pay handsomely for the “service,” we should expect more.  It’s like to buy a car and the air conditioner doesn’t work, and the dealer offers you the “solution” to roll down the windows if you get hot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agreed! And of course you're spot on.

But in your analogy that is the car dealer who offerd a remedy; most consumers will stop right there  and submissively do as they were told instead of escalating the issue to the wholsaler (and maybe escalate the issue all the way up to the vehicle manufacturer to hold someone responsible of the issue).

I was hoping to throw some humorous lines in what appears to be a sensitive topic.

At least in my line of work, the "Big Boss"  never really want to hear what the problem is, and much less care about the technical aspects that led to a problem; they only want to hear "it was dealt with and here is the solution".

That gives me a lot of flexibility to come up with something to meet critical deadlines, but as an Adobe Customer myself I do feel and share your same pain.

If it helps in anyway, I'd recommend  to also voice your opinion using the links below and to report a bug:

Hopefully, someone from the Adobe's engineering team is tracking these conversations and be able to take a closer look at this issue as to provide a fix in the next update(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YESSSS!!! Thank you!! I've been saving my docs to a folder on my remote desktop. Then dragging the folder to my local desktop so I could print.  Needless to say, that was exhausting and frustrating. This works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal- I was having the same issues and just tried your solution and it worked. Is there a particular reason opening in Google Chrome would let it print?

Thanks

[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dspeelman 

Please collect the printing logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-print-logs-for-acrobat.html and share them with us for further investigation.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having similar issues.  Here is how I resolved not being able to print Adobe documents from my remote gotomypc session...

- Go to print

- Click "Advanced" button

- See if "Print As Image" is checked.  If so, uncheck it.  

When I followed these instructions, I was able to print Adobe files again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines