• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported file error when trying to combine PDF files

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to combine a few PDF files, I get an error " Unsupported file" once I drag the file to combine.

I have tried dragging the files I have combined previously, and the same error comes up.

I have successfully used this for around 4 months, and just started to have this problem today.

Please help, thank you.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

I snipped the problem page onto a doc and then print saved as pdf and the files were then able to combine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matilda,

Like you, I am currently currently experiencing the same issue. I have successfully used this in the past and just started to have this problem today. One workaround I found was to upload the file(s) to your document cloud then combine, rather than selecting the "Combine Files" tool in the document cloud. 

1. Browse to  https://documentcloud.adobe.com/
  2. Select "Upload a File" about halfway down on the web page
  3. Using your file explorer, select the files(s) you want to upload (and eventually merge).
  4. Once they are uploaded, click the square box next to the files
  5. In the tray on the right side of the screen, click combine files.

Hopefully that works for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have tried this way as well and it states that some of my documents have "too many pages".

Any suggestions how I can overcome this error without reducing the number of pages?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'Unsupported file' while combining PDFs

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with different PDF files and check

What is the version pof the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC and make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20067 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Also, please share the screenshot of the error message for a better understanding.

Also, please check if the document is secured or not.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both methods and neither one works, what I found is that some documents are protected and due to that they cant be combined, shame on Adobe by not having a solution for this how ever they sell the products to us, what I have tried is to print prd the secured file and then try the merging button, some times works many of them not ... i think this feature of Adobe needs fine tunning, specially with siegned secured encripted documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to combine the secured PDFs. Once the PDF file is secured by password protection or digitally signed it can not be combined with the other PDFs as it will chnage the document and defeat the purpose of adding security.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a pdf file to be signed by a user.

Choose from Tools:  Request Signatures

One person was able to sign the document, but the next person I sent it to was stopped by the security.

How can I get anoher signature added?

Thanks.  

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

Hope you are doing fine and sorry for the delay in response.

Please add all the signers email in the recipient email address box in the order you want the signature to be done so that once the first person will sign the document it will move to the next one and so on. Once the signature process is complete the PDF will be locked for further editing.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I snipped the problem page onto a doc and then print saved as pdf and the files were then able to combine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines