• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update Adobe Acrobat DC to Pro

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I was able to update an existing install of Adobe Acrobat DC from reader to Pro from inside the application after the user signed in to Acrobat. I just now deployed a computer that had Adobe Acrobat DC but I could not get it to update to Pro. I had to uninstall it and install from Adobe Creative Cloud. Is there a way to update an exisitng installation? It would make deploymenet easier if I could install Adobe ahead of time and just do the upgrade once the user signs in.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eric26114616wsjy 

Hope you are doing well.

Recently I was able to update an existing install of Adobe Acrobat DC from reader to Pro from inside the application after the user signed in to Acrobat. I just now deployed a computer that had Adobe Acrobat DC but I could not get it to update to Pro.

Adobe Acrobat DC is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. It doesn't make any difference unless you haven't signed up for Acrobat Standard DC.

That means, on the icon, it must be showing Adobe Acrobat DC, but when you open it, you'll see the exact name of the application Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

So if you have subscribed for Acrobat Standard DC, on the desktop icon, it would have been the same Adobe Acrobat DC, but when you open it, it will show Adobe Acrobat Std. DC.

Hope we understood your question and answered it correctly. Let us know if this is not what you were asking. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows as Adobe Acrobat DC in the Control Panel's Programs & Features, but the application window is showing "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's the same application now. If you have a valid subscription for Acrobat it should switch from Reader to Acrobat when you open it, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines