• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading Acrobat 2017 Standard to Acrobat 2017 Pro; stymied after I thought it was installed.

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Acrobat Pro 2017 from Acrobat 2017 Standard (Windows).  I followed all the instructions.  I downloaded the upgrade, clicked on the extraction process, and it all seems to have worked properly.  I changed the location of the download to Downloads, rather than the Desktop location that was indicated in the filedescription.  I see the file (actually twice, after I was befuddled) and I clicked everything along the way that seemd to be correct.

However, it seems that the Pro version does not open, only the Standard version.  It says "Standard" when I click about, and it does not have the Redact feature, as in the Standard version.

I am not totally untechnical, but I am not really adept either.  I don't know what to do.

Can anyone help me?

Peter (my first time joining this Community)

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Acrobat Pro or Standard are not two different applications but different entitlements and are dependent on the serial key you are using or the subscription ID you are using.

1. If you have a serial key for Acrobat Pro 2017, please uninstall the current Acrobat from your machine and reinstall the latest version with Pro serial key.

1. If you have DC subscription, please signout from Acrobat and sign in with the new ID having pro enitlement or sign in again with the same ID in case you have upgraded to pro on the same ID.

Regards

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have the Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard key?

Download that version for which you have the key.

The other version would not accept the wrong key.

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines