• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using calculate to find the difference between two fields and place it into a third field.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to subtract the total of one field (which is the Gross Selling Price) from the total of another field (which is the Concessions) and have it show up in a third field (which is the Net Selling Price).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

I figured it out myself. You, apparently, cannot open a document via a link in another program (like Excel as I did) and use the "Simplified field notation" option. For some reason, only the "Value is the" option works if you open the doc as a link in Excel. When I opened the doc using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, the "Simplified field notation" option worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roym

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want to subtract one field from another and show the result in the third field.

Please go through the help pages listed below and see if that helps.

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-do-i-use-basic-calculations-in-a-form/

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/print/how-to-do-not-so-simple-form-calculations/

Note: Steps are the same for the new version.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the 3 screenshot files I attached.

In the file named "Subtract Step 1", I chose the radio button for "Simplified field notations".

In the file named "Substract Step 2" I clicked on "edit" to bring up the Javascript editor which automatically unchecked the "Simplified field notations" radio button and, instead, checked the "Value is not calculated" radio button.

In the file named "Subtract Step 3" you can see that I typed "Field1-Field2" which does not give me an "OK" to click on as per the instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resize javascript editor window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I resize the javascript editor window, I do finally see the "OK" button but when I click on it after entering "Field1-Field2", The Text Fields Properties window pops up with the radio button selection switched from "Simplified field notation" back to "Value is not calculted".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of fact, it reverts from "Simplified field notations" to "Value is not calculated" as soon as I click on the "edit" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out myself. You, apparently, cannot open a document via a link in another program (like Excel as I did) and use the "Simplified field notation" option. For some reason, only the "Value is the" option works if you open the doc as a link in Excel. When I opened the doc using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, the "Simplified field notation" option worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines