Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Validate PDF upon saving for checking the presence of PDF fields

Explorer ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have a PDF file with some fields. I want to deny the deletion of PDF form fields, which may happen by printing the PDF and saving it. If this is not possible, an alert in case the PDF forms are missing is enough. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Simone

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

If someone "re-fries" the PDF (ie. prints it to a virtual printer in order to create a new PDF) that will remove not only the fields, but also any code you insert into it to check if there are fields in the file, so any such solution will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing the form will not remove fields from your form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone "re-fries" the PDF (ie. prints it to a virtual printer in order to create a new PDF) that will remove not only the fields, but also any code you insert into it to check if there are fields in the file, so any such solution will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks: I was thinking about an alert displayed before or after the PDF is re-fried, but I guess it's not possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it's not. You can show an alert before the file is printed, but you can't narrow it down to when it's printed as a new file only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines