• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very, Very frustrated

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just coming on here to voice my incredible frustration that I have been forced to use Adobe Acrobat to fill out a from for the Candian Government.   I am disabled and cannot fill out forms by hand. I just signed up for the free trial so I could download and sign the document, and it STILL will not let me do so.  In addition, I just read the thread here about how hard it is for people to cancel their subscription and deeply regret I ever signed up. I anticpate a lot of frustration.  It's already clear that this is a total scam.

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The free Acrobat Reader should have been sufficient to fill out your forms. Unless you are doing content creation and manipulation, the full Acrobat (subscription or otherwise) is not necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to help! Screenshot.pngThis is the screenshot of the message I keep getting when I try to open the file I saved in the free reader.  I needed to edit and sign the document and I guess got conned into signing up for the free trial.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not Adobe Reader. Look at the title of the application bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. You can see the app name. Run Reader and open the file. Check the menu bar to make sure it's actually Reader. I don't know who you think conned you. The message is not very helpful but it doesn't say anything about paying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for trying to help.  I am just super confused.  i have never encountered an issue with a PDF like this.  the screen shot I sent you is of the document that I saved from reader onto my desktop so I could send it in.  i cannot figure out how to get it off reader so I can send it to someone without them having to open reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that screenshot is also what shows up on the Canadian Governments's website when I go to the link to download the pdf that I am trying to fill in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a special kind of PDF file, mostly used by governmental agencies, and it can only be viewed correctly in Adobe software. In order to do that you must save the file to your local computer first, then open Adobe Reader and go to File - Open and select that file. If you open it in the browser it will not work properly. If you open it in Apple Preview or any other third-party software it will not work properly. You must follow these steps to get it to display correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just went to look, and as it turns out the file is opened in adobe reader and I edited it in there.  I just can't seem to get it off the reader as a discreet PDF file or to get the sign function to work.  I think I'll come back to it tomorrow.  SO frustrated at this point,  thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a PDF form to have the ability to be filled out using BOTH Adobe Acrobat Professional and Adobe reader the Reader Extended Mode must be enabled.

Enable Reader Extended Mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the reader extension only when you want save the filled form with Acrobat Reader!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can fill in the forms (if they are the ones I am thinking of) in the free Reader on Mac or Windows. No need to pay for anything. But you DO have to download the forms and open them in Reader. Just installing it won't make the forms work.

Advice: cancel NOW, don't wait. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment! I will try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cancelling a (trial) subscription is easy. Follow this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Is there anyone who can help me troubleshoot this?  This is screenshot of the message I keep getting when I try to open the file I saved in the free reader.  I need to edit and sign the document, which is why I signed up for a free trial. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Mac has the "Preview" app associated with opening PDFs. After you have installed Acrobat Reader, select one of the files you have downloaded and either right-click on the file (or control-click if you don't have a right mouse button), to pull up the files information panel. In there you will see "Open with", which by default would direct to "Preview" on a Mac without Acrobat/Reader installed. Instead, now that you have it installed. pull down and select "Acrobat Reader", then click Change All so all PDFs open with Acrobat Reader going forward.

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 4.25.03 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christina, My name is Dax Castro and I am an accessibility advocate and trainer who specializes in PDF accessibility. If you still need help, please reach out and I will be happy to help you step through the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christina,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. Please go through the help article https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/pdf-won-t-display-please-wait/td-p/4788543 and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines