• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos won't play. Does pdf-sharing support video?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf with embedded videos. The videos play when I open the pdf from my desktop. When I share it, the videos do not play in the web browser. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Hi BrantLouck_Aud,

When a video is embedded in a PDF, then that video's path is added to the PDF. And when its played, It looks for the path of the multimedia file which is saved locally on computer.

Add audio, video, and interactive objects to PDFs in Adobe Acrobat

When a PDF is open via web browser, then it doesn't read the path of the video embedded into the file. Because most of the web browsers uses its own PDF viewer and that works on a different mechanism on which we don't have hold on.

You

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrantLouck_Aud,

When a video is embedded in a PDF, then that video's path is added to the PDF. And when its played, It looks for the path of the multimedia file which is saved locally on computer.

Add audio, video, and interactive objects to PDFs in Adobe Acrobat

When a PDF is open via web browser, then it doesn't read the path of the video embedded into the file. Because most of the web browsers uses its own PDF viewer and that works on a different mechanism on which we don't have hold on.

You may see the related discussion here-Embed video in Pdf are not playing on Chrome and Firebox but it ply on IE 

(Make sure the Flash-player is enabled)

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two book spublished by Wardell Publications:  WINDOWS FO RTHE 21ST CENTURY and LAMPS FO RTHE 21ST CENTURY, both eBooks with 14 embedded videos each.  Now suddenly they will not play the videos when loaded into a tablet or MS10 machine.  What are authors and publishers to do about this???  You can find my eBooks here:                                                                                                https://www.wardellpublications.com/?s=preston+studios

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How the hell do you edit your post after discover typos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I believe Adobe has done something with how Video is rendered in Acrobat PDF. (possibly not supporting it). I was previously able to embed video and share it with all PC/Mac users. The functionality doesn't work anymore, making me think they aren't supporting it. Crazy when you consider that Adobe Acrobat has a media tab to insert video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I am having the same issue right now. It has been two years since this post, so I wondering if there has been any workarounds for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and still haven't found the answer. 3 years after this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe it's so lame that you don't answert this and suppor this!  You're like kodak or xerox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines