Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing 2 pages in a PDF file side-by-side

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a ten page PDF document.

I know that I can "break" the window into two stacked views by dragging down the bar at the top of the scroll bar to view two different pages one above the other.

However, I want to view pages 2 and 6 side-by-side.

How can I do that?

Thank you.

Cliff

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Under the Window menu you have two choices: Split or New Window:

If you use Split you will have one page on top and one page on the bottom. You can view any two pages you like.

If you use New Window you can have the same document side-by-side. This will enable you to have two pages open by moving the two views to differnt parts of you monitor then changing the page of one so they will be different views. You can see on the bottom of the image, I am showing, it says the same name followed by a '1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save the PDF to a different name. Open both in Acrobat, grap the Tab with the PDF name in it, and drag it over to your desktop. It'll create a new Acrobat window, so you can view two different PDF's side by side.  

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thom,

I know that I can look at two different PDF files side-by-side. What I want to do is be able to look at two different pages in the same PDF side-by-side.

Similar to being able to see two different pages stacked one-on-top of the other by dragging the bar at the top of the scroll bar down to split the window into two scrollable panes inside the window.

Thank you.

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Window menu you have two choices: Split or New Window:

If you use Split you will have one page on top and one page on the bottom. You can view any two pages you like.

If you use New Window you can have the same document side-by-side. This will enable you to have two pages open by moving the two views to differnt parts of you monitor then changing the page of one so they will be different views. You can see on the bottom of the image, I am showing, it says the same name followed by a '1' or a '2'. This is becuase it is the same document open in two separate windows. (This is what I think you want)

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 4.37.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Katie,

You nailed it. Thank you very much.

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. That was helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines