• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We have procured a Adobe Professional 9.0 license in 2010; when we try to re-install it now we are receiving the error message of invalid serial number. please help

Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please suggest ways to get the key to be re-enabled so that we can install in our system. At present we are receiving an error message.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated …

Although Adobe doesn't provide technical support for any versions of Acrobat other than Acrobat 10 and Acrobat DC, we continue to provide activation support for all versions.

You were given absolutely wrong advice by Adobe Technical Support. These forums cannot provide any support for software activation.

I am assuming that you are getting some message that either you cannot activate due to too many current activations or that the serial number is (no longe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not received any suggestion for the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a community forum please allow a couple of days for a reply. Not 2 minutes!!

If a key is disabled, I believe you get a message saying it is revoked. So if you get a message saying it is invalid, this is a different problem. Possible causes include.

1. This is an UPGRADE license, and you are asked to enter a QUALIFYING serial which must be for Acrobat 7 or 8.

2. This is a VOLUME license and you are trying to use it with a normal public download of RETAIL software.

3. The license was recorded wrongly.

4. The license was entered wrongly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Sorry; new to the forum.

We have procured the license through our Office vendor and he has downloaded the software from Adobe site. It's not a volume license and we have bought 2 licenses.  We have been using these licenses for quite some time and when we re-configured the systems and re-installed we have got the error message.

Have also spoken to Adobe helpdesk and they have asked me to post the query here as they do not provide only to Pro 11 version. They have also informed that the license key might have disabled and should be activate it inorder to use it.

Do suggest or an alternate let me know path where to download the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated …

Although Adobe doesn't provide technical support for any versions of Acrobat other than Acrobat 10 and Acrobat DC, we continue to provide activation support for all versions.

You were given absolutely wrong advice by Adobe Technical Support. These forums cannot provide any support for software activation.

I am assuming that you are getting some message that either you cannot activate due to too many current activations or that the serial number is (no longer) valid.

Call Adobe Customer Support again and specifically indicate that you have a software activation issue. If the agent claims they can't help, insist on being connected to a supervisor who should be able to connect you to someone to assist you.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the message.

Have contacted the Technical Support and even spoken to the Supervision. He also gave me the same message saying they won't be able to support on this issue.

The issue is that the Serial Number that we have is invalid when we try to install on our systems.  Would require support to just re-enable the serial number that we have procured.

Do suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask for the supervisor's manager! Serial number and activation issues are still supported!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi subramaniang81,

I have requested the Acrobat Social Team to review & respond to your issue. Please expect some delay due to weekend.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you reinstalling with the SAME installer provided to you by the vendor in 2009? Or is it a new download/newly provided by the vendor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi subramaniang81,

I have sent you a private message, please check the inbox for the same.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines