• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this blue panel that appears over PDF? How do I get rid of it?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a PDF that has a fillable text field and a series of checkboxes.  When I test the PDF, wherever I try to click (both in places that have fields and no) this large blue panel appears over a big chunk of the document with tools above it.  What is this and how do I stop this from occuring? Users need to be able to just click in the Course Name text field or click a checkbox without this popping up in the way.
Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Annotation 2020-06-11 130119.jpgAnnotation 2020-06-11 130038.jpg

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Update:  I figured this out (thanks in part to Bernd's reply). I switched to Editing mode and for some reason (I can only assume a quirk in exporting from inDesign) There were several large blank image fields on the page.  Once I deleted them, no more blue panels appeared.

Thank you for you responses,

J

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JOgdenCC

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, the large blue box appears when you click on the checkbox or anywhere else in the PDF form.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing. Upload the file to the document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) generate the link and share the link with us.

What is the workflow/steps you did to create the PDF form?

Please try to repair the installation (For Windows Only). Open the Adobe Acrobat DC > Go to Help > Repair Installation and see if that makes any difference.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC
Make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20067 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Here is the file : https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:f8a79975-a041-44bf-8009-a8aac91b72a...

The file was created in InDesign (15.0.3) and exported as a "Smallest File Size" PDF.  Then opened in Acrobat DC (20.009.20067) and the form fields were added and saved.

I tried the repair and it did not work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All form fields are hidden, not visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you test the form with Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because you are not using the right tool.

To test/fill a PDF form you must use the Hand tool.

HandTool.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  I figured this out (thanks in part to Bernd's reply). I switched to Editing mode and for some reason (I can only assume a quirk in exporting from inDesign) There were several large blank image fields on the page.  Once I deleted them, no more blue panels appeared.

Thank you for you responses,

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you explain how to switch to "editing mode"?  I am having this blue box issue as well.  Frustrating!  thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines