• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this strange box near my mouse cursor? How to remove it?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro DC 2019 on macos.

IMG20190926171656.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out. As described above you want to remove the box near the mouse cursor, correct?

This appears when you select the select tool form Adobe Acrobat/Reader. It is a design behavior and there isn't much that can be done in this situation. 

You may use the Adobe wish form to file a feature request with the product team - https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out. As described above you want to remove the box near the mouse cursor, correct?

This appears when you select the select tool form Adobe Acrobat/Reader. It is a design behavior and there isn't much that can be done in this situation. 

You may use the Adobe wish form to file a feature request with the product team - https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I thought it was a bug, but it turns out to be a feature. I can only accept it although it seems not to be that beautiful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kindly please rlease some patch to remove these cursors.. just cant be with it.. until then.. you lost a customer. i am moving to sumatra pdf or some other which is not distracting /pain on my eyes . adobe is over for me just because of this cursors design forced on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm having the same issue. Do you manage to get it off? 
According to Amal is a "feature" that shows once you click on the "select tool", but it's not true. I just select the same tool on another computer and the cursor doesn't have the gray box.
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-01 at 6.09.32 PM.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20142 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Thanks

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David25095455099f_0-1657491309453.png

There you go.
At this point, the only thing I haven't try is a fresh install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you close the comment tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any updates.......

I have the same issue. Also, I believe it is a configuration issue. Something is checked or unchecked by mistake. It is associated with each computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boa tarde, como faço pra parar de receber essas mensagens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please write in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JAYPRAKASH22400091l6th wrote:

please write in English.

This is an international forum and users are encouraged to write in their own language. You can use the translate button at the bottom of each message window— it includes 15 languages.

BF6846F3-9F7A-4ABA-B86E-767C84C4B564.jpeg

Please be respectful that the entire world does not speak English.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • I am new to this community. Thanks a lot for your soft message. i am still looking an answer for my question.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rodrigues  

Click your avatar in the upper right. Go to Account Settings > Notifications.

92EA6DEE-FE09-40DD-AC42-8D64E8C1AADD.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines