Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When creating PDF from Web Page can't change page zoom factor

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Is there a way to change zoom factor of the page when creating PDF from Web Page?

I know page format can be selected from Advanced Settings -> Page Layout, but there is a web page with tiny characters/letters and converting to PDF I see the same tiny characters and there is no way (at least I couldn't find one) to change it.

If there is a solution for my problem please help.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zsoltkant

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want to change the zoom factor when creating PDF form Web page.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to create the PD from web page?

The core of a web page is a file written in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). Typically, the HTML file includes associations with other files that either appear on the web page or govern how it looks or works.

When you convert a web page to PDF, the HTML file and all associated files—such as JPEG images, Adobe FLA files, cascading style sheets, text files, image maps, and forms—are included in the conversion process. The resulting PDF behaves much like the original web page.

You can Adjust the page magnification, Tools on the Select & Zoom toolbar to change the magnification of PDF documents. Only some of these tools appear on the default view of the toolbar. You can see all the tools by right-clicking the toolbar and choosing either individual tools or Show All Select & Zoom Tools

For more information please check the help pages listed below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/adjusting-pdf-views.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/converting-web-pages-pdf.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply!

This is the page that I want to convert to to PDF:

http://port70.net/~nsz/c/c89/c89-draft.html
It is a plain text document with no links to other objects (including files), nor multimedia objects, only links to itself.

I do it the usual way. Using Acrobat Create PDF tool, copy-paste the link, and leaving everything at default setting.

What is annoying is that the document uses very small characters, so Acrobat produces the same small characters. It would be nice to have a feature to change the HTML page scaling factor before doing the HTML to PDF conversion. Google Chrome has such an option when you want to print (actually save) web pages to PDF format. You select a scale factor, bigger if you want to see bigger objects on the page, and vice versa.
Maybe Acrobat does have such an option?

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response. You may please submit your request with the engineering team using the link - https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines