• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Blank Pop up dialogue boxes (Save As, Apply Redactions, any thing)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe acrobat dc pro got updated to the latest version 21.007.20091 and I WISH I could undo it. Now I can't get anything done in Adobe because everytime I try to save as or apply redactions or do basically anything, I get a blank white pop up box and grey background screen. It only goes away when I press ESC. This is driving me mad. I'm logged in and do this all the time. Just since the update 9/14 it hasn't been working. Screen shot included.Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi @kimm92138622 

As per our offline discussion, looks like your issue is fixed by applying latest patch.

Please mark this thread answered/helpful to help others.

-Regards

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an email, but did not receive a reply...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello  in our  company some users facing the issues like white pop-up window. while i launch a pdf file or   launch a acrobat dc pro program .we are really facing the problem. always appears a white box. so,we don't know what to do ? and we cant able to look out the pdf file.  I have reinstalled the program many time .i didn't find any solution yet . sorry for the post because i cant't able to create a new post. it appears this kind of errors messages

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• This board requires at least one label for each message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Is there a reason you cant post a link to the patch here?  I fixed the issue with the save as, but now redacting will not work.  Latest version installed and updates installed.  please help i need to redact before 5 pm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw another person post that you can open up task manager when you get the blank screen. In task manager, go to the Details tab, then locate the acrocef.exe process and end task. This should get you to be able to redact at least temporarily until a permanent fix is found. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to make it work by opening the task manager and right clicking on the CEF items above the CEF helper task and ending those tasks. It is a temporary fix, but it does work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on a patch, I have the same happening with a user with the updated version 21.007.20099  trying to redact a document  and when they hit apply the screen blacks out with a white box, I have to ESC out of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed Sunil and was kindly supplied the patch, following the instructions I closed all Adobe process running in taskmgr, and then did the update, and the problem has cleared for my end user, Thanks Sunil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This JavaScript workaround worked for me, from another thread here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-pro-dc-redaction-tool-not-working/m...

This is obviously not fixed yet and marking it solved was premature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, 

I have version 21.007.20099, I have un checked the "show online storage..." in preferences, basic tools, and I have also tried to end the tasks Adobe AcroCEF(s) in task manager. I still get the black box after redacting. Is there a fix for this yet? Staff in law office unable to complete pressing work.

Thank you in advance for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues with blank screens when I try emailing a document, redacting, and saving. I have run the repair installation and then restart the computers multiple times, but this is temporary fix because it keeps happening. I have also unchecked "show online storage when saving files" multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Nov 9, 2011 and I get the same issue when I try and do anyhting with Redact text.  I am running the lastest verion and there are not updates or patches.  I tried a repair installation of my Adove DC and end up with the same result. What can we do to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sunil_Soni What is the status of the patch? Is the private build a workaround for the meantime? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. I've uninstalled and re-installed and made sure it was the latest update. No dialog boxes will work, such as for Adobe Sign or redactions, etc. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this is what has been supplied, this is just the next update release it seems. But it certainly worked for me thanks Adobe Support.

Hi Chris,

First of all, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try below patch and share your observations with us.

Before installing or applying the patch, please ensure that Acrobat/Reader is closed and if any AcroCEF/RdrCEF processes are still running, kill them from task manager. Hotfix can be downloaded using the links mentioned below:

* 32-bit application:
* Reader: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:26d5ff74-f58f-4619-96b6-697e216bee8c
* Acrobat: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:33e13d54-63b0-46a2-9a69-65b9eb26e6c3
* 64-bit application:
* Reader: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:0c6c77ae-960d-4a62-b430-9df83e636333
* Acrobat: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:9695e09b-9781-4dc3-b390-030b322262c4

Please let me know for any query/concern.

-Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the appropriate patch (64 bit acrobat), but I get an error message that reads: "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

I'm not sure if it's just the wrong file for me, or if I've done something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what you already have installed . We had Adobe acrobat pro installed, on the latest updated version 21.007.20099 32bit , so the correct version to download would be the 32bit Acrobat link. I don’t have Reader installed and made sure all the Adobe services were closed in task manager.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I finally got the patch to install, but it still doesn't work for me. I'm at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow up, I had to call support and give them access to my computer. He installed an older version of acrobat and disabled automatic updates. He told me to leave automatic updates off for a while, but I don't really know when I'll be able to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is disheartening that they reverted you to and older version 😞  Which version, may I ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these patches are available as of 6/1/22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're on version 22.001.20117 now. I haven't experienced these problems for several months, now, so hopefully Adobe resolved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Please help. I checked for updates and see that I am running update 21.007.20099 so I'm not sure why I am still having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is the worst!!!! There needs to be another competative product that does similar. I am running into the same problem over and over again. It has caused me more time to deal with this issue than it would to make a copy of the document and redact it myself using a copy machine. I thought Adobe was the best out there but this issue is one of many similar issues that makes me question and dislike this product. 

Adobe, please know that if more than one person (as seen in this thread) is having this issue it is likely widespread and your representative responding does not fix the issue, which comes down to the software being incomplete and Adobe not caring about the product but only about your profits. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines