• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Blank Pop up dialogue boxes (Save As, Apply Redactions, any thing)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe acrobat dc pro got updated to the latest version 21.007.20091 and I WISH I could undo it. Now I can't get anything done in Adobe because everytime I try to save as or apply redactions or do basically anything, I get a blank white pop up box and grey background screen. It only goes away when I press ESC. This is driving me mad. I'm logged in and do this all the time. Just since the update 9/14 it hasn't been working. Screen shot included.Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi @kimm92138622 

As per our offline discussion, looks like your issue is fixed by applying latest patch.

Please mark this thread answered/helpful to help others.

-Regards

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having substantially the same problem.  When I attempt to redact from a document, I only get the greyed document and white box.  I have currently installed version 21.007.20099 of Acrobat.  Windows 10.  I have run the "Repair Installation" script in Acrobat, restarted the machine, restarted Acrobat.  I still have the problem. 

If there is a patch that I can use to fix this, I would appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also appreciate link or patch shared publicly so that I can apply it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here too. I'm on the latest version (21.007.20099) and tried all the fixes listed in this thread, but none worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Please post a solution 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Fix is to Reset Internet Explorer settings then Restart the computer.

larryb39110041_0-1638392917318.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @larryb39110041 , 

Thanks for posting.  Just want to see how long this fix has stayed after you reset IE settings?  Other fixes have resulted in the issue coming back, so this is why I am asking how long it has been since you did this and Acrobat continue to work as it should..  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works one time. First time starting Adobe, I won't get blank screens. Second time it's the same as is was. So everytime when you shut down your computer, first you have to "reset Internet Explorer settings".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirmed with our users that after a reboot the fix is still working for us. We no longer get the pop up box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue when trying to apply redactions.  I've gone to the help tap and checked for updates, says I'm up to date. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue. It is very disruptive. I checked for updates and it said my version is up to date. Adobe, FIX THIS. It's been a problem for months now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I have checked for updates and am currently running the most recent patch. This only seems to be happening when applying redactions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. Need to get a fix Please. Adobe is updated to newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same issue. How do we get this patch and install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI - we are also experiencing this same issue. We have the latest version and update installed, and we have turned off the "show online storage" preference. But attempting to apply redactions results in the blank white window, which we can only hit Escape to get out of. Please update with what is being done to resolve this.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. None of earlier mentioned fixes solves our problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently Experiencing the same issue.  Fully patched, online location saving disabled.

Standard Adobe, patch something break something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend finding an older version of DC Pro and going into the settings and disabling auto update. I was able to get it working by doing this. I had a version  from july. My guess is the patch isn't complete hence why it hasnt been deployed and the need to reach out to support by PM. They will likely release it with a few more fixes and with Adobe luck different bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Outlined fixes do not solve the problem.

Please provide new patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem, but from today. My version is the 21.007.20099, and I tryed to find a new version, that seam to be the last one.

My collegue has this problem from some weeks, and we don't know how to solve.

I saw that some of us tryed to unistal and instal again but they have the same problem.

We can save only if we use the "save as other" (my version is in Italian may be in the traslation there is another word), and we use "PDF with reducted dimensions", but that should not be the way.

Thanks in advance for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am still facing this issue, I have all the updates 21.007.20099 is the version, but still facing the problem.

I have used killed all the tasks and restarted adobe but still facing the issue. Can you pls help?

-Bala.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have this very same issue, I've checked for updates, there are none. None of the functionality is there. This isn't good and very frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same issue, tried a bunch of things and then I found this to work for me: 

Community Beginner , 
Dec 13, 2021

I don't know if this is a long term fix, but this worked for me just now.  Found this on another thread.  It's a Christmas miracle!!

I ended up updating Adobe. Then I hit ctrl+alt+del and "end tasked" each instance of Adobe, Adobe installer, Adobe CEF helper, and CEF and restarted Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here to confirm this works.  As an added bonus, I also restarted all of the Adobe Services before trying to open adobe again. 

Please promote to current solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this fix for 20099 or is it after applying the next patch listed:

21.011.20039 Planned update, Jan 11, 2022

When checking for updates, Creative Cloud says I'm up to date and must not be seeing 20039 as a necessary update.  I still can't apply redactions and am on 20099. I don't have admin rights and our helpdesk is swamped so I'm trying to help out in finding a solution for them to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines