• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Blank Pop up dialogue boxes (Save As, Apply Redactions, any thing)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe acrobat dc pro got updated to the latest version 21.007.20091 and I WISH I could undo it. Now I can't get anything done in Adobe because everytime I try to save as or apply redactions or do basically anything, I get a blank white pop up box and grey background screen. It only goes away when I press ESC. This is driving me mad. I'm logged in and do this all the time. Just since the update 9/14 it hasn't been working. Screen shot included.Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi @kimm92138622 

As per our offline discussion, looks like your issue is fixed by applying latest patch.

Please mark this thread answered/helpful to help others.

-Regards

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue with the latest version update. I was able to fix the inability to place my digital signature, however now I can not redact and am frustrated. I do need to redact sensitive information frequently. Redact is not working on any .pdf files I am trying. I have created .pdf's from InDesign, tried files from outside resources and all create the white box when I click apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared private builds via your inbox, Kindly check and proceed with the steps.

-Regards

Acrobat team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the private build with us please? We are on the latest build and still experiencing the issue.

Thanks,

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. Where do we get the patch that is referenced in the other answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have shared private build via your inbox, Kindly check and proceed with the steps.

-Regards

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem here. Please send (or share publicly) the steps needed to fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why the fix for this problem has to be shared privately.  If a legitimate fix, can you please post it on this thread?  I am having the same problem.  Seem UAT was missed on the redaction functionality before releasing the last build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, We're having same problem with our clients. Their adobe is up to date.

When trying to apply redaction, white blank box appears. Kindly share the solution to everyone, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also experiencing this with multiple folks in our environment. All devices reporting the issues are on the latest release 2021.007.20099. 

What is the fix?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started to experience the same issue with the redaction. It worked this moring but not now.

Please advise ASAP, company production is stalled. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to make it work by opening the task manager and right clicking on the CEF items above the CEF helper task and ending those tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @CICSlisahill that got me up an running for now.  I will send a private email to @Sunil_Soni for the majic patch to ideally fix it with out having to end the CEF tasks 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CICSlisahill  @AEMS_WV  Please share your email id for granting access to private fix.

-Regards

Sunil Soni

susoni@adobe.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On 10/27/21, I emailed the above susoni@adobe.com address, but no response as of yet. The issue remains, but I have figured a workaround for now. Adobe works fine on another PC machine that is unfortunately not my laptop which is almost always working in the field.  

I'm assuming your requested "email ID" means my email address? Or is that another piece of information? Please advise. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue!
@Sunil_Soni please save me with your magical patch!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share your email id for granting you access to magical patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sunil_Soni  please DM us the patch also. we have a few machiens impacted and are running the current public release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please send us the patch as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
We're still awaiting the fix/patch. Complete uninstall with clean tool, and reinstall seems to be the only fix.
The saving and redacting issues affects up-to-date Adobe Reader DC & Adobe Acrobat DC (21.007.20099). Windows 10 Enterprise x64 with 10/21 Cumulative Update (KB5006670)

* IF a software repair fixes the issue, the problem returns after a reboot.

* IF 'Preferences > General > Show online storage when opening/saving files (unchecked)' fixes the issue, the problem returns after a reboot with boxes still unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is having this same problem. We are all on version 21.007.20099. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! I already had the latest patch installed. I uninstalled Acrobat and reinstalled, but the problem persists. This is happening on both Macs & PCs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared hotfix with few of you and waiting for your observations after applying the patch.

Please write directly to susoni@adobe.com if you or your team need hotfix to try.

-Thanks

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, so good. Today's patch appears to have solved the problem. I will put Adobe Acrobat through its paces today to ensure it remains stable.

Thanks Sunil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, unfortunately, yesterday's patch doesn't seem to have solved the problem. It's broken again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines