• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why change everything?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Why do you "creators" feel a need to completely change the layout of toolbars, etc. in a program?! Do you have nothing to do so you just search out what you can do to aggravate us? Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts! WHY???

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

@reginal79098089 wrote on 22 June:

Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts!

Hi Reginal,

I have yet to hear from someone who likes the "new experience" in Acrobat, but it is easy to turn off!

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Was this even tested before it was released to the public?

By @Jerome DCProud Lewis

Adobe has pre-release testers for all the Creative Suite programs and Acrobat. Occassionally I see Adobe announce for people to join the testing program.

Many of us community experts here in the forums are testers for Adobe, and many of us have been doing this since the 1980s and 1990s. 

I can't recall much positive feedback from the testers before the "modern" Acrobat was released to the public. I know m

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 321 Replies 321
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried.

macOS: Go to View > Disable new Acrobat.

CRASH!

I think I need to delete/reinstall to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad for the info on how to go back to the old interface. THANKS!

WHY move EVERYTHING around and make buttons smaller? 

To enlarge or reduce the PDF you are viewing ... ya lets move it from the TOP to the bottom right and make is SMALLER!

Ugh ... lets NOT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody seen or read "THE REASON" for the changes to the interface? I have read the usual suspects view that it was "CLEANER" or "IMPROVED" but I have yet to see the rationale for taking menus that were on the right and move them to the left. It seemed like a pontless exercise to me but I am willing to learn if any of you "smart guys" can dumb it down for me. I know this is a user to user forum. Thanks to all those that help us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like changes for the sake of change. The Acrobat team needs to do something so they appear productive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be humorous if it wasn't so completely inaccurate:

Jim32450144j4v9_0-1695334900074.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HOPE ADOBE IS READING THESE COMMENTS  -  I CAN'T LIVE WITH THE NEW VERSION.

NOTHING WORKS - SHORT CUTS ARE HOPELESS EVERTHING IS LOST AND HAS TO BE FOUND

IT' S NOT MODERN - BUT SHOULD BE CALLED SECRETARIAL VERSION FOR AI DEFICIENT PERSONS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disable new acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that. I still don't have scroll bars...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(i replied to @forumdiday )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scroll bars is a different problem. That has nothing to do with the new interface.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add a reply to this, as a longtime user I can't stand the "new" acrobat and DISABLE it on all my computers.  I hate it.  I don't know who designed it but they have no concept of UI design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for sharing how to disable the new format. It is awful. I spend a lot of my time doing simple editing of drawings on acrobat and it had become horrible to do with the new format. If its not broken it doesn't need fixing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to publish my favorite answer in this topic.

That's fixed.

😉

UI-UX.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who's bright Idea at Adobe was to bury the Zoom menu??? I can't stand the new layout and I'm so happy there's a way to disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more THANK YOU!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I friggen cannot figure this new system out. (Cursing removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then return to classic view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those saying just return to the classic view kind of ignore the fact that to even do that 1) you would not normally expect an option to reverse a new UI, 2) you would have to hunt to find the button to do it, or 3) you would have to search online for a solution.  That is not intuitive.  And the new format UI starts with shifting everything from where you expect it to be intuitively.  Adobe saying "we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version" rings hollow if users are struggling to even find those functionalities in the first place because the new interface moved them all over the place and hid them behind unlabeled icons.  Stated simply, there's a reason so many people are angry about this change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your post is in a thread where the solution has been explained numerous times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many people are not angry about the change. But yes, change also implies that some people who do not want to change their habits, are getting upset. But at the end of the day, Adobe did streamline the intereface. This is a slow rollout, as Adobe did spread enabling the new interface over several months. And as the new interface is disrupting productivity for some, Adobe has bult in a possibility to revert to the old interface. I did that twice only for the half year that I'm now on the new interface. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically the user reaction to inline software changes is for people to adjust and go about their day. The fact that so many people were angry enough about this change to not ignore the issue, look up where the Adobe forums are, make an account, find the appropriate topic, and then leave feedback or post questions shows how bad this change is. The new UI/UX was bad enough to motivate people who are normally not inclined to participate in online forums to do all of the aforementioned and take time out of their busy day to post. This wasn't streamlining an interface, it was a demolition of the current user experience and a transition to a poorly made mobile interface which derailed current producitvity workflows and prevented many users from doing any work because it kept locking up or crashing. That is simply poor user experience and project management.

The part that everyone who says "just use the old interface" misses is that companies do not maintain two seperate user interfaces for an extended time period. Normally the revert interface option is a stop gap measure to temporarily remove user hostility allowing project managers to show positive reception to management until they force you to use the new interface. Eventually they will remove the option to revert to the older usable UI leaving long time users looking for a replacement for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old UI stays until the new one is stable and provides all the functionality of the old one. It is clear that the old interface will not recieve new elements and will not be further developed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not agree more. i use 2 different CAD software packages and 4 different programming enviroments all with user interfaces that are different. i do not need to learn a new enviroment for Adobe reader. i just view datasheets i have no need for anything else. STOP STOP changing the interface, it is not appreciated! Bored programmers are becoming a major problem. if it arn't broke don't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see some others got as upset as myself. Thanks for the option to revert to the old interface! I couldn't find anything in the new one, which is very unproductive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Augusztina33718433g078 

effective understatement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines