• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why change everything?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Why do you "creators" feel a need to completely change the layout of toolbars, etc. in a program?! Do you have nothing to do so you just search out what you can do to aggravate us? Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts! WHY???

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

@reginal79098089 wrote on 22 June:

Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts!

Hi Reginal,

I have yet to hear from someone who likes the "new experience" in Acrobat, but it is easy to turn off!

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Was this even tested before it was released to the public?

By @Jerome DCProud Lewis

Adobe has pre-release testers for all the Creative Suite programs and Acrobat. Occassionally I see Adobe announce for people to join the testing program.

Many of us community experts here in the forums are testers for Adobe, and many of us have been doing this since the 1980s and 1990s. 

I can't recall much positive feedback from the testers before the "modern" Acrobat was released to the public. I know m

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 337 Replies 337
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, I disabled it. And I'm thinking, is this why we pay price increases? To disable something we didn't want to begin with, yet it's costing us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@reginal79098089 

You have to understand something:  Programmers/software engineers are paid employees.  If they don't stop working, they'll get laid off.  They can never say, "Hey boss, we're done..."  So they create new features and "improvements" to keep busy.  It's an unfortunate reality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they don't stop working, they'll get laid off. 

By @Tiger_words

=============

Makes no sense.

Decisions about product development originate with executives & bean counters at the very top of the food chain, not the bottom. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend writing letters of complaint to Adobe's CEO, Shantanu Narayen, at Adobe's headquarters (345 Park Avenue in San Jose, CA 95110).  That's what I've been doing.  I received an email response from someone who actually read my complaints ... not that it has resulted in Adobe ditching the terrible version.  But I did implore him to pay attention to these discussion boards. 

While it hasn't made a difference yet with regard to the horrible new platform, I did get *some* assistance after complaining that Acrobat's redaction feature failed after a recent update to the older platform.  I could no longer redact documents and had to ask a coworker who uses a PC (versus my Mac) to help me.  Adobe finally fixed that. 

I'm not done raising my voice either.  I complained to the Better Business Bureau about the horrible Acrobat platform as well as other problems.  Apple and Adobe have conspired to keep customers from being able to view older clipart thumbnails either in Finder or in Illustrator.  (I have to open every individual file in Illustrator to see the images.  Some, not all, can be seen via Bridge, but the quality is horrible and doesn't reflect what the images actually look like.)  I've invested hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in clipart that I can't view.  It's exceeding time consuming to search images in a printed image catalog.  And viewing the 1-inch thumbnails in the printed catalog is giving me eyestrain.  Since neither Apple nor Adobe is willing to resolve this problem and restore the ability to preview thumbnails, I will file other complaints, such as with the Federal Trade Commission.  

Adobe is making other changes to harm customers.  I wanted to update an InDesign document the other day, but was immediately stopped by a warning that Adobe no longer supported the Zapf Dingbats font that I used for a symbol dozens of times in the document.  I didn't have time to mess with it and had to defer updating my document.  

I recently learned that Adobe's software no longer contains the Pantone color palette.  So I had to get help from the company that prints my books to determine the correct CMYK percentages to obtain the color I wanted.  

It's time that We the People make a lot of noise, not just here but in letters and complaints to Adobe's CEO and in complaints to the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, and other resources.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the letter you sent to Shantanu Narayen, or a model we could use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd prefer not to, since it was personal to my experience.  But thank you for asking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to update an InDesign document the other day, but was immediately stopped by a warning that Adobe no longer supported the Zapf Dingbats font that I used for a symbol dozens of times in the document.  

By @jilll47525288

This is the Adobe Acrobat forum, not the InDesign forum. Was your version of Zapf Dingbats Type 1 by any chance? Type 1 fonts from 30 years ago in 1984 are no longer supported. Please see this thread in the InDesign forum that provides a viable solution for you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/zapf-dingbats-will-not-work-in-indesign/td-p/135...

I recently learned that Adobe's software no longer contains the Pantone color palette.  So I had to get help from the company that prints my books to determine the correct CMYK percentages to obtain the color I wanted.  

Pantone pulled out of Adobe in 2022 and now requires a separate subscription to Pantone Connect.

https://www.pantone.com/articles/faq/pantone-connect-adobe-faq

In addition, Pantone sells a CMYK color guide book if you don't want to get this information from your print shop.

https://www.pantone.com/products/graphics/cmyk-color-guide-coated-uncoated

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane.  Thank you for the links to other resources.  

I understand that this is an Acrobat forum, not an InDesign forum.  However, the purpose of my including the additional information was to help inspire others to make their voices heard about not just Acrobat but also about any other problems that Adobe is causing by disabling features that we have come to rely on for decades or making changes that hurt our productivity.  

I'm tired of seeing people post that this forum is not the appropriate place to convey our concerns to Adobe.  It's an Adobe resource, so Adobe should be paying attention to it.  (I implored Adobe to read these posts when I communicated with them.)

Other people have posted links to the "correct" places for communicating our concerns to Adobe, but I've never been successful in sending messages that way.  I'm not sure why.  But letters to the CEO get responses.  And complaints to consumer protection agencies get Adobe's attention in a way that direct communication does not.  

I've been a loyal Adobe customer for nearly four decades.  Never have I been as frustrated with Adobe's products as I am these days.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2024 Sep 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank god it can be reverted, this new version is total garbage, i'm sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings but really, I didn't know I could hate something so much until I tried using this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2024 Sep 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cuz they have nothing better to do!!! creating work for them and more work for us!!! Why fix then not broke... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2024 Oct 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree, and the new interface is so laggy too. Doesn't make any sense to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
5 hours ago 5 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the dissappoval of the layout, my company pressures me to use the microsoft knock off but I get a lot more done with Acrobat but not if I have to chase useless changes and relearn the program.  Not a wise thing to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just use the layout you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines