• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Acrobat XI Crashing when I try to Save As?

Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to Save As in Acrobat XI Pro, the prgram stops responding and I lose all my work. This never happened in Acrobat 9. I am running Windows 8.

Please advise I am getting very frustrated and losing a lot of time with this.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

I performed all kinds of troubleshooting to solve this problem and it has eased. I found that the best solution is to open Adobe Creative Cloud in Admin Mode, then apply updates. I wish I hadn't had to spend 15 hours solving this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't try uninstalling and reinstalling withuot upgrading...didn't work for me.  ONLY SOLUTION IS TO OPEN AN EXISTING PDF FILE, then insert via scanner any new pages and remov the old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am having the same issue at a customer as described in post #20 by taxlagutaris, only on a brand new Windows 7 Pro PC with Acrobat XI.  Interesting bit about the update apparently causing the problem - the two times I've reinstalled Acrobat, I've immediately installed the available update. I will have to try installing w/o the update. It would not be the first time I've experienced an Acrobat update breaking or taking away functionality.  I personally run Windows 8 w/Acrobat X and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I performed all kinds of troubleshooting to solve this problem and it has eased. I found that the best solution is to open Adobe Creative Cloud in Admin Mode, then apply updates. I wish I hadn't had to spend 15 hours solving this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be the correct answer for Adobe Creative cloud Owner but it won't help for Acrobat pro 11-only user. Any other solution in this case ? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Acrobat XI and Windows 8.1 and Office 2013. Has anyone noticed this behaviour when saving in a onedrive folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOLY CRAP ADOBE.

I'm having the same problem.  This is a $400 program.  When I hit "Save As" adobe crashes all the time.  How in the world does stuff like this happen.

Adobe, honestly, you could lose like 90% of the amazing features, but you CAN'T have the program crash when you try to save your work.  I am losing documents and work, which means I have to re do the work.

Please, can you guys fix things like this.  I think it's crazy that a program crashes when you try to hit "save as".  That's insanity.  That would be like an email program (Gmail) crashing whenever you tried to open an email or send an email.  You HAVE to fix the simple functions guys!

Insanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. None of the above has helped me in this matter. I just have Acrobat pro 11 with Win8. It seems crazy not to be able to save as...

I don't have the adobe creative cloud so i can't test taxlagutaris solution.

Please can you fix this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this ...
Go to preferences, go to “Documents” and uncheck “Save As optimizes for Fast Web View” and see if that fixes the problem.

it works for me Acrobat pro 11-only user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Roman,

That worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. I've tried everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is August already, but this is the only correct answer that comes up in a Google search.  It's shocking to me as this issue basically makes the program unusable.

I started experiencing it in Acrobat reader 11.  I upgraded to Acrobat DC after a clean uninstall and it did not correct it.  However the answer in frame 32 fixed it for me too.  Thanks, Roman 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Roman, worked for me as well (so far)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem. None of the ideas worked for me, but what I did was that I printed to file (PDF) so that it created a new PDF, I believe that the file/document I have was damaged somehow.

SO now that I have the new pdf, I can do whatever ever with it, add additional pages and save as a new file name. GOOD luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this - go to Adobe Acrobat, click Edit, Preferences,

General - Select  Default PDF Handler box (this makes Adobe Acrobat your default PDF application)

Documents -  UNCHECK the box  for  Save As optimizes for Fast Web View - this should resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I had this problem in Adobe Acrobat DC - the fix that worked for me was to reduce the preference setting for recent documents from 100 down to 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I tried the solution from Canary3d in #38 and it WORKED!  I tried all the others listed here and nothing worked. I have windows 8 + Adobe XI and experienced the Save As crash only when connected to the internet. If no internet connection, then Save As worked.

Implementing the solution from Canary3d solved the issue when i am connected to the internet.

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i paid a lot of money for this software.  it's infuriating that it doesn't work as advertised and there is virtually no help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines