• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is text appearing as dots when using Acrobat to view or plot PDFs created by AutoCAD?

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is text appearing as dots when using Acrobat to view or plot PDFs created by AutoCAD?  Is there a fix.  I don't have this issue when I use other PDF apps.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

I'm guessing the fonts are not embedded in the PDF from AutoCAD. Other PDF viewers may be substituting the missing font, but Acrobat is not. Check your export or "save-as" settings when creating your PDF from AutoCAD, look for an option to embed the fonts. You can see if your fonts are embedded in Acrobat by going to File> Properties> Fonts, they should all say embedded, or embedded subset. You could try changing your Acrobat preferences> Page display> use local fonts, this may help the screen v

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing the fonts are not embedded in the PDF from AutoCAD. Other PDF viewers may be substituting the missing font, but Acrobat is not. Check your export or "save-as" settings when creating your PDF from AutoCAD, look for an option to embed the fonts. You can see if your fonts are embedded in Acrobat by going to File> Properties> Fonts, they should all say embedded, or embedded subset. You could try changing your Acrobat preferences> Page display> use local fonts, this may help the screen view but it won't properly embed the missing fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jameyb1341797  wrote

I don't have this issue when I use other PDF apps.

What other PDF Apps?

How did you create the PDF?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same goes for me, I use Bluebeam and no issue with that app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines