Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't video work in PDF

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I am looking to create an interactive PDF from a powerpoint that I have. It has numerous videes. After saving the PDF, I try to add the video using Rich Media > add video. I go through all the correct steps but when finished it says click to activate and nothing happens. I just get a 'Connecting' dialogue box and a 'Ready' dialogue box. 

The videos are .mp4 and are all H.264. It is the latest software version. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Over the years, I've seen various version of Acrobat make life simple while inserting videos, and other times have us all pulling our hair out over this.  I just tried to drop a quick MP4 into a PDF, and the process went smoothly... until I tried to play it.  I granted permission in the PDF, and it did nothing.  But on maybe the 8th click, I heard the video's audio play with a static black rectangle showing!  Although I don't have a solution., I can confirm that this feature did not work as it should for me either.  I'll continue to see if I can figure out what's going on, and I'll post something if there's something tangible to share.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines