• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'You do not have permission to write this file' message appearing

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suddenly getting the meassage 'You do not have permission to write this file' when saving a PDF under reader extended PDF. I have done this thousands of times down the years, now this suddenly starts happening. I've reinstalled Acrobat and tried saving the file with a different name and location, but no joy. Also adjusted the security settings in preferences but nothing works. Anyone know of a fix?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AndyD_1965 

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you experienced this behavior with a particular file while saving it as Reader Extended PDF? Or it's with the particular file?

Would you mind checking with a different file, as it could be the document's security issue?

Open PDF>Right Click>Document's security>Document's restriction summary

Alos, try disabling the following setting and check back.

Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable  "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all security is switched off and Document Restrictions Summary is saying everything is allowed (see attached). In that case, does that mean that my client (who only uses Reader, not the full Acrobat Pro CC that I'm using) will be able to annotate PDFs with their amends to send back to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I have done this for years and now I am getting the error "You do not have permission to write this file".

Running Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.23 No updates as of 18 Feb 2023. Security is disabled as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat does you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use Acrobat DC, update the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the problem - it's something in the software update causing the issues - everything was fine up until a couple of days ago when Acrobat was updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't update to that version. Any way round it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be possible when you change the system clock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not following you - what difference would that make and what can i do to adjust it?

I haven't thanked you for all you input - it is very much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a date before January 7, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm also having an issue with one our employees that's using Adobe X Pro and is getting this error msg?  Is that version still even receiving updates?  She said it was working for her last week and it just started giving her the error earlyi this week.   Any propose fix for that version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines