• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat X form field calendar

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro X and want to add a popup calendar to my date field. I've seen references to a java script that would add this function. I tried copying those files to the javascript folder on my Win10 computer and it doesn't show up in the form. I put it in the ProgramFiles/Adobe/Acrobat/Java Scripts folder. Should it go somewhere else? I remember being able to add a field like this in previous versions. Why is this so difficult?

Any help would be appreciated.

Betsy

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Acrobat needs to be restarted to activate any folder level script. They are only added to Acrobat on initialization and then the file with the code is closed and not referenced again until Acrobat is restarted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if you provided more information about the script you're using and exactly which files you've copied to the JavaScript folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt reply. I just got it to work! I'm not sure why the Tools - Add-ons option wasn't showing up, then it did and I have a set of tools associated with the calendar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat needs to be restarted to activate any folder level script. They are only added to Acrobat on initialization and then the file with the code is closed and not referenced again until Acrobat is restarted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No version of Acrobat had a built-in calendar picker. If you had it before then it was either in a LiveCycle Designer form (where this feature is available) or you were using a third-party script or plugin which added this feature to Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I think that's correct. I may have been using LiveCycle Designer since I remember having a more detailed "creation" view with a grid in the background and the ability to select and align several field boxes at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines