• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Additional files need to be installed to create PDF from this file (Excel). You must have Administrator Privileges to install these files

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep getting this message when combining files - exhausted Adobe help - they couldn't fix it! Adobe Pro Dc and Windows 10 Pro. Anyone clever enough to find a fix?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Developer contact confirmed this is a commonplace problem. Adobe Bug #4134024 - no fix available for 'about a month'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developer contact confirmed this is a commonplace problem. Adobe Bug #4134024 - no fix available for 'about a month'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also suffering from this bug. Is there a way we can track this bug or see whether it's been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything yet?  This is a very annoying bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update on my end - we also suffered from this problem. However, the root cause ended up being a too-strict security policy getting pushed out from our security team. When they rolled it back, Acrobat worked again.

Check your system events viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue appears to continue to exist (Continuous Release version 2019.012.20035). Seeing as there was supposed to be a release to fix this back in 2016 (based on the dates on the posts here), I guess everyone just gave up, or maybe some miracle happened that fixed everyone and no one mentioned it here.

I have been as far on the web as I can get with Google's help trying to fix this problem, including messing around with DCOM permissions. Does anyone have an actual fix for this, or is it just a failure I'm going to have to learn to live with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke with Adobe support in June 2020 and it's still an unresolved known issue.  Are they actively working on the issue or hoping it will just go away?  Four years seems like a long time to be working to resolve something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this will be of any help to anybody, but I had a device that was throwing up this error only when trying to combine or convert .docx files. I found in the Registry that the (Default) value under the regkey HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.docx was set incorrectly. I changed this to Word.Document.12 (I'm not sure if this will vary depending on the version of Office installed) and Acrobat was able to successfully work with .docx files again.

Looks like the device had been upgraded at some point from Windows 7 to 10 and Office 2010 to 2016, so I'm guessing the reg value at some stage of the process.

Hopefully this post will be of use to somebody out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem as well and I found a solution!

The problem actually lies in Microsoft Office, not Adobe. You need to run a repair tool for Microsoft Office.  This tool is already installed on your computer if you have Office. Here is the solution:

Go to: Settings > Apps > Click "Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise - en - us" > Modify > Allow changes > Quick Repair

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shoot.  This did not work for me.  I am still unable to convert excel & PP. Word works.  That's it.  Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, or at least got me halfway there. The document opens now, but Adobe didn't recognize the form fields. After figuring out how to add form fields in Adobe, I got it imported into my D2L course! THX 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Portable version?
If so, you'll need to use an installable version because Adobe needs to access other applications (i.e ms word when combining .docx files to a pdf file).

In portable versions, permission is usually denied by Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Old Issue but fix is to run Quick Repair on the Office installation 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines