• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe doesn't generate JSEdit.js in Temp for External Editor

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I've got a weird issue that I'm pretty sure is caused by my work's local security policies:

I use Notepad++ as my external editor. Recently (like 7 months ago), I found I wasn't able to use it. When I try to open a script through Adobe Acrobat into the external editor, Notepad++ opens with the following error: "C:\Users\130027~1\AppData\Local\Temp\acrobat_sbx\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\JSEdit.js" doesn't exist. Create it?

Options are 'Yes' and 'No'. 'Yes' creates a blank file JSEdit.js, which will load back into Adobe Acrobat just fine. 'No' creates the standard new file, which I can manually save as JSEdit.js and then Adobe Acrobat will load it on close.

My home copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 doesn't have this issue. 

My questions:

1.  If I'm right and this is security policy blocking Adobe Acrobat from writing to it's own temp directory, is there a way I can point this at another direct that Acrobat does have write access to?
  2.  Is there another way I can pull scripts out of a PDF that doesn't require writing to the Temp directory?

I've been using the built in editor for the past 7 months, but this has come to a head as I have to completely restructure and redesign the (currently) 35 scripts in my main project due to performance issues.

I appreciate any help y'all can give me.

-Azure's Skye

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I don't know about a way to change the location but you could use the "All JavaScript" tool and just copy and paste it to an external editor, do you edits and then copy it back, it is not perfect but might be prefereable to the infernal editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Unforunately, "All JavaScript" isn't an option because my total JavaScript exceeds the capability of the Internal JavaScript editor. Specifically, I get this error: "Text cannot be displayed in full by the Edit Dialog. Please use an External Editor." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it with Notepad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, Notepad didn't work either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Help and run a Repair Installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Repair Installation" option is greyed out. I'll contact my IT team and see if they can do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IT team doesn't have that option either... I have no idea what's going on now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you use the internal editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine. It's just... very not great. I can't pull up "All Document JavaScripts" if I need to make a document wide variable or function change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines