• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad parameter Error

Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to post this query 3rd time.. bcoz someone is marking my post as spam don't know why

Hi,

I have a form of 4 pages, all 4 have been turned into templates. I have dropdown on MainPage from where user can select Month, according to which corresponding template should show/hide.... ex.. if January is selected then Jan20 template should be visible rest hidden, if February is selected then February should be visible rest hidden..... Below is the script i have used,, everytime selection is changed it throws error "Bad parameter".

My adobe version : Adobe acrobat pro DC 20.006.20034.39303

Attached is the link of the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sra0teo5w96k93/2020.pdf?dl=0

Here is the javascript

var a = this.getTemplate("Main_Page");
var b = this.getTemplate("Jan20");
var c = this.getTemplate("Feb20");
var d = this.getTemplate("Mar20");

var resp = this.getField("Monat").value;
switch (resp) {

case "January 2020":
a.hidden = true;
b.hidden = false;
c.hidden = true;
d.hidden = true;
break;

case "February 2020":
a.hidden = true;
b.hidden = true;
c.hidden = false;
d.hidden = true;
break;

case "March 2020":
a.hidden = true;
b.hidden = true;
c.hidden = true;
d.hidden = false;
break;

case "-Select-":
a.hidden = false;
b.hidden = true;
c.hidden = true;
d.hidden = true;
break;
}

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

let me explain you how to file should work.. first of all the file should be of 1 page only.......

There will be a dropdown in which will be 12 months selecting one of the months should show the attendance sheet in that single page... no extra page should be created....  then it will be filled and saved.. then for next month same file will be used to select next month enter data and save  and users should anytime select the saved month for taking printout etc.... so that data must be saved... but

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Adobe Acrobat is missing updates.

Aside from that where are you running the script from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to version Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 20.009.20074  still the same issue.... i am running code from Custom keystroke also tried it running from Calculation... but same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+++EDITED REPLY

I posted the wrong answer to your inquiry. I will post back again later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first I didn't get the error. Then I started experimenting with the visible and not visible state of the current templates and got the error when I made all templates visible.

Also, I noticed that you have the master documents also marked as templates.

These should remain visible and not marked as templates.

I tried the spawn method and didn't get these issues.

I think you should use conditional statements with the spawn method, but as I am learning Acrobat JavaScript I may be wrong.

Is there a reason why not prefer to incorporate the spaen template method for this PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I just noticed this is a duplicate post. Maybe that is the reason why of the spam filter with this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let me explain you how to file should work.. first of all the file should be of 1 page only.......

There will be a dropdown in which will be 12 months selecting one of the months should show the attendance sheet in that single page... no extra page should be created....  then it will be filled and saved.. then for next month same file will be used to select next month enter data and save  and users should anytime select the saved month for taking printout etc.... so that data must be saved... but if i used spawn method. it will create new page...... and also that page will remain there.. ... so spawn method cannot be used..... hide/show pages is the only way i thought for creating this form in adobe acrobat....

anyways i made this form in livecycle and it working fine... bcoz there you can hide/show the attendance table with ease on single page..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey that is good info.

But for those of us who don't use LiveCycle, I don't see how your correct answer addresses the "bad parameter issue", which is the inquiry that you posted in the Adobe Acrobat support forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doesn't get the message "Bad parameter".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines