• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't print from right click on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of Windows, I could right click on a file from a directory view and select print.  It worked great.

In Windows 10, that option doesn't show up when I right click on a file from a file directory view.  Is there a way to solve this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davidw33145347,

Could you please tell me have you tried printing a document from the adobe application ?

Also could you please attach a screenshot of the issue so that i can analyze it from my end.

Are you trying to print from an adobe application or the windows directory view?

Regards

Sarojini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I can print from the adobe application. No problem

I want to print directly from the windows directory view. The option to do that doesn’t show up. I had seen in other forums people saying that I needed to update my adobe preferences, etc. to make it work. No luck yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Does this happen specific to pdf files or occurs even if you try to print a word or excel file?

Regards,
Rave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve only tried with a PDF. I’m away from my desk today, but will try other files on Monday and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can print just fine from directory view for word or other documents just do not have the option to print an adobe pdf from the right click drop down.  It is a bit annoying to have to open the application to print when I did not have to in the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a configuration issue with your Windows, not a general problem. I can right click-print PDF files on my Windows 10 workstation.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming this.  I thought it might be but was not certain.  I do not know where to go to adjust the setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a registry setting. You could get a qualified answer in the Windows fora at the Microsoft site.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines