• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comment compatibility with non-DC versions

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a known issue when using Acrobat DC in a workflow with commentors that may be using non-DC versions of Acrobat? I'm using Acrobat Pro DC on a a Mac and I've started getting regular Acrobat crashes when working with marked up PDFs from several of my clients. I never have these problems when working on files with people using Acrobat DC. Obviously I cannot control which versions of Acrobat or which operating systems my clients use, so I need to be able to work with all of them. This has never been a problem in the past.

The most common crash occurs when closing documents. Acrobat will crash nearly every single time I close these documents that contain comments created in previous versions of Acrobat. Oddly, on the rare occasion that it doesn't crash on file close, the next files I open will always show no comments in the list, even though "Show all comments" is checked. If I choose "Hide all comments," Acrobat will crash immediately. Quitting and restarting Acrobat is usually enough to reset it to again show the comments but sometimes it requires a full restart of the computer. This behavior, will confusing as *^&(, is consistent and repeatable on the 3 Macs I've tried, all with the most recent Acrobat DC updates.

Also, this seems very similar to a problem that cropped up in Acrobat XI:

Comments missing or PDF review hangs | Acrobat or Reader 11.0.09

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat also crashes regularly upon closing. sometimes it happens a dozen times a day. I don't often work with PDFs containing other people's comments. But it still happens to me all the time. Sometimes I have to give up and go back to working in an earlier (more stable) version. I feel your pain! I would submit a bug report: Feature Request/Bug Report Form.  You can also try contact Acrobat support directly: Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat DC also crashes regularly when typing a page number into the page number field. Crash, crash, crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines