Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Commenting

New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There has been an update in Acrobat Pro DC ans now a comment is gone. The one where you can striketrough and give

also the correction. I've searched in the customize comment tools but didn't found it.

Can anyone help me out to retrieve this useful tool.

Thanks

Koen Laurent

Adobe-comment.jpg

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Hello ,

Thanks for reaching us.

The tool you are looking for is "Add note to replace text".

In the latest version two changes are done.

1. This is removed from the tool bas as it was redundant and same functionality can be achieved using strike through text and adding popup note for it.
  2. The text correction commands (Insert text , strike through text and add note to replace text) are now enabled by default in comment app and need not to be selected from tools bar. You have to just,
    1. Select the text and st

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

Thanks for reaching us.

The tool you are looking for is "Add note to replace text".

In the latest version two changes are done.

1. This is removed from the tool bas as it was redundant and same functionality can be achieved using strike through text and adding popup note for it.
  2. The text correction commands (Insert text , strike through text and add note to replace text) are now enabled by default in comment app and need not to be selected from tools bar. You have to just,
    1. Select the text and start typing for Replace Text
    2. Press delete for Strike-through
    3. Start typing without selecting text for Insert Text

Hope it will help.

Thanks

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only sometimes does this work automatically, though. Sometimes selecting the text and typing will replace it, but about half the time it doesn't. I just tried an online chat, with very a very frustrating outcome and no resolution:

Urvi: due to some technical reason , I will be not be able to take the  remote session so please help me with your call back number

Urvi: We will arrange a call back for you

Mitchell McLain: That won't work. I don't have a phone available.

Mitchell McLain: Is there not a solution you can give me via chat?

Urvi: Okay so I am just escalating this issue to the next level

Urvi: You will receive , a confirmation mail

Urvi: From our end

Mitchell McLain: What's the next level?

Urvi: My higher management

Mitchell McLain: What will the email be confirming? I'm not sure what I'm supposed todo next.

Urvi: So please wait for some time you will be contacted by adobe via mail soon

Urvi: You just have to wait , our adobe experts will contact you

Mitchell McLain: With a solution? I don't understand.

Urvi: Obviously Mitchell with a solution

Mitchell McLain: Obviously? If you say so. When might I expect this email with a solution?

Urvi: Will escalate this issue

Urvi: Will try to contact you as soon as possible

Urvi: Are we still connected ?

Mitchell McLain: Yes.

Urvi: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Mitchell McLain: Not that I know of.

Urvi: Sure do not worry we will escalate this issue and you will be contacted us by soon

Urvi: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is that 2 Mac users in our group are having "invisible" comments since upgrading to the latest version of Acrobat DC Pro (2015.016.20039). and Adobe Reader. You can see the comments in the comments bar, but you can't see them anywhere on the page. It'll jump to the spot where the comment should be, but won't show any markings on the PDF. Here's an example:

comments-invisible.jpg

The same problem happens even after deleting all preferences:

same-problem.jpg

Is anyone else having this comments issue after the latest upgrade?

We're using a WebDAV server to store our comments, if that's relevant.

P.S. (I just had an unproductive conversation with Urvi as well, with no resolution, saying he'd escalate the issue and someone would call me tomorrow. I assume Urvi is a non-native speaker, but he does have an annoyingly condescending communication style. So he's neither good at solving the problem, nor at making you feel better about Adobe's commitment to service.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mitchellm70952779 ,

For selecting the text and typing will replace it , there is a known bug, It only works when text selected by dragging the mouse and not when text is selected by double clicking.

We are working on its fix.

Apart from this it should work.

Are you facing issues even when text is selected by dragging ?

Regards

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mitchell, With latest update released earlier this week (15.017.20050), "double clicking a word" bug is resolved. Please update Acrobat to the latest version (launch Acrobat -> "Help" Menu -> "Check for Updates" to be sure). You should now be able to select a word by double clicking it and applying the "replace text tool" etc (and yes, the left to right or right to left text selection using mouse remains as is) Let us know if you observe any issues with this.

Regards

-Aj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines