Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comments disappear

New Here ,
May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I've been experiencing this issue since i upgraded acrobat pro to the latest version. what happened was all of the comments on the PDF were not visible.

As you can see from this screenshot, on the right hand side, there are a bunch of comment written on page 2 but they are not visible on page like what it used to be in older version.

Does anyone experience such issue? Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 6.50.40 PM.png

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the issue about Comments disappearing on zoom-in/zoom-out. If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-june-02-2016.html

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've also reinstalled the app, but the problem remains unresolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstallation would not be my first choice to repair the problem. I would first try to use "Repair Installation" under the menu item "Help".

Have you looked at the properties for the comments to see if the font color has been changed to white or transparent?

For other comment types I would check the "Opacity" property of the comment.

Use the text object properties on the comment tool bar. The "Aa" at the far right of the comment tool bar.

If I have to reinstall Acrobat or Reader, I use the Acrobat Removal Tool so there is nothing left behind from the install. Sometimes registry entries, DLL's or other pieces of the program do not get properly removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've looked at the properties for the comments and found no problem in fonts nor opacity properties. Do you think it can be a defect in this acrobat version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if any other program was used to view this PDF?

Some non-Adobe products can do damage to a PDF.

You could try to export the comments to an FDF and then import that FDF file back into your PDF.

Can you provide a link to a PDF with this issue that can be shared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if any of the comments have been made hidden or the size of the text has been made very small?

You will need to create some JavaScript code to determine the hidden property and the size of the comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please let me know if you are using Mac and 10.11.x (El-Capitan)? What happens if you Zoom-In or Zoom-out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your reply. When i zoom in or zoom out, i'll be directed to the first page of my pdf. that's another issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience and so many questions but this will help us to understand the problem.

1. How you are changing the Zoom? using Touch Pad pinch and zoom or you are using Zoom button in Acrobat toolbar?
  2. Do you see comment back on changing zoom or you still don't see?
  3. What you see if you add a new sticky note to the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I pinch in and out using my trackpad

2. yes i do see the comment back when changing zoom

3. i could no longer add any sticky note. it simply doesn't show up

thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please help me? This issue is bothering me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a link to a PDF with the problem (second request)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the comments and by clicking on the comment in the comment panel, I am taken to the comment selected and it is highlighted for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's definitely not the problem of my pdf but the Acrobat pro app itself. I've attempted to reinstall the app thoroughly, but the problem remains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an issue with a computer based viewing (application) or a mobile device (app)?

Do others have this same problem?

When you fully removed Acrobat did you use Adobe's Acrobat Removal Tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with the latest release of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC MAC.

Provided I only zoom with the toolbar controls, everything is fine.

If I use pinch zoom, annotations disappear and don't always come back when zooming back.

Once the problem arises, the comments show as they are being applied, yet disappear once I stop applying the comment. If I save, close and re-open the PDF, they are then visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think the latest update has fixed part of my problem that i can at least view all the comments properly now. however, when i use pinch zoom, they will be all gone for some bizarre reason. this is quite annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the issue about Comments disappearing on zoom-in/zoom-out. If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-june-02-2016.html

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! the update fixes all the defects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2022, I have the same problem with my document saved on google drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

June of 2022.  I have a user with this issue.  None of the found fixes have helpped,  I logged into the same laptop as a diffrent user, opened the same document. No issue. I thought it had to be a setting in her Windows profile. Logged back in as the first user. I deleted all the Adobe folders in her appdata folder. Problem still remains but just for this one user on the one laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines