• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare only text changes (not formatting) in Acrobat X

Contributor ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to compare two PDFs in Acrobat DC which just didn't work (said it could not be completed, which googling confirmed just doesn't work in DC) so I found an old PC which luckily we had not upgraded and still had Acrobat X. That compared the documents. What I really want is a Word-style strikethrough/insert view, but Acrobat only gives me pop-up comments or a comment summary.

Right, I'l work with that, but the actual changes to the text are buried within a whole lot of useless formatting comments, stating "text size changed" etc which are irrelevant. Don't care. Is there a way in Acrobat X to ignore formatting changes when comparing? More Googling brought up an Amazon book search result referencing Acrobat 8 which refers to a dialog where you can set all sorts of options like this, which seems to have disappeared from X.

So can I do it in X, or is the Compare Documents feature just slowly being destroyed version by version, as it appears to be getting worse?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Hi,

Greetings! I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with compare feature. For hiding out the formatting changes you may use the 'Hide Options' in Left-Hand Pane of 'Compare Documents' app or 'Compare text only' mode for comparing the documents. Please reach out to us in case, you face any issue. You may also log a Bug Report at: Adobe Acrobat - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Also, we have significantly improved Compare functionality in our new release of Adobe Acrobat DC. Please update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Greetings! I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with compare feature. We are aware of the issues and are working to fix them. I will contact you offline to discuss this in detail.

Thank you,

Varinder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In past couple of months, we have been addressing lot of issues and feedback that we collected from forums. If you want to play with the early build and provide more feedback, please join our pre-release program.

If you are interested please let us know, we will contact you to get registered in our pre-release program.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat DC Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Greetings! I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with compare feature. For hiding out the formatting changes you may use the 'Hide Options' in Left-Hand Pane of 'Compare Documents' app or 'Compare text only' mode for comparing the documents. Please reach out to us in case, you face any issue. You may also log a Bug Report at: Adobe Acrobat - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Also, we have significantly improved Compare functionality in our new release of Adobe Acrobat DC. Please update to the latest version to give it a try. The new Compare Files Tool offers a Side-by-Side view which provides a better experience in identifying differences and a modern UI.

Latest version for Adobe Acrobat DC build number: 2015.020.20039 (Continuous).

For more info about the new Compare tool, visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/compare-documents.html as well.

If you are still on Acrobat X or XI, you can check out our trial version at: https://acrobat.adobe.com/in/en/free-trial-download.html

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat DC Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We use Acrobat Pro DC at work. This issue is still occurring. When comparing 2 PDFs, I select Text Only and then have to click through 1100 changes to find the 60-some actual content changes. The Filter option does not help, either. It shows 1100 Text changes and 1003 Formatting changes.

Please advise.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Could I see a sample document.

Thanks.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines