• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control click copies instead of selects

New Here ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so i am making pdf fillable forms and when I select multiple text boxes to change some formatting it just copies all the boxes I have selected. Any idea why that is?

Thanks,

Louie

Windows 7 Enterprise

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Verison: 15.006.301.73

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably clicking a bit too long and also moving the mouse, so it creates a copy of the fields instead of just selecting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if you hold control and click on multiple boxes it copies them, I guess that's just the function. I am clicking pretty fast and I do have to move the mouse in order to select multiple boxes. I just always assumes control click was to select a series of items it is for most things like excel, but I guess not here. Thanks for the help anyway but I just do it all manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Click does only select fields. Ctrl+Click+Move creates copies of the selected fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you select more than one field without moving the mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can move the mouse, but not while you're still clicking (dragging). You'll also notice that the cursor shows a small plus symbol when you hold and drag it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines