Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert coloured area to an annotation

Guide ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I asked a similar question some time ago, sorry I could not find it in the forum.

I am exporting marked areas from InDesign to PDF. I would like to find these areas and be able to create an annotation. The areas appear in the PDF as a path. Is there a way to itterate over all paths?

Thank you.

P.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 17.00.08.png

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really handy if I could get the bounding boxes. like these.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 19.46.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took a different approach. Exporting square annotatons from InDesign. Not really what I wanted.

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 13.00.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are completely familiar with PDF internals for graphical objects you can use a plugin to iterate all the graphical objects, find their color space and color, and take actions. This sounds a lot of work, so if you can do it by exporting annotations that sounds infinitely preferable.

If your question is: can you create a non-rectangular annotation at all, the answer depends on the annotation type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I am limited in the types of annotation I can use from InDesign. So, I would like to write an Acrobat plugin. I have downloaded an SDK but it does not compile, see pic. Is there a step by step tutorial? Is there any thing I should do to my Acrobat installation to make plugins load. I am using a Mac, is better to develop plugins on Widnows.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 15.06.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I needed execute permission on the scrpt, feel a bit silly.

Now the fun start!

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines