• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Word 2013 to Acrobat DC how to open hyperlinks in new windows without having to go back in to each and every link at 'edit' it

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create very long documents in MS Word 2013 with lots of hyperlinks to external PDF documents and then convert to a PDFdocument and although I select 'open in new window' in Word 2013 I still seem to have to go in once I have convert the document to a PDF and 'edit' each and every hyperlink again to 'open in a new window' or it just opens in the same window thus losing the original document....very, very annoying!!! Is there some way of get the hyperlinks in the PDF document to open (as instructed in the Word document e.g. in new window). I also have many hyperlinks in the word document that I still want to open in the same window which I want to still happen that way in the PDF document.

thanks

Heather

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

The tool will convert all the links in your file that point to an external file or URL. It will not affect those that point to another position in the same file. For your other questions please send me an email and we'll discuss it privately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way I know of to automate this within Acrobat.

It can be done using an external tool, though, like this one I've developed and which can be purchased here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Convert all links in a PDF to Open In New Window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have purchased 3 of your programs to help with creating forms in PDF before and they have been successful.

My problem is that each document has well over a hundred links - some are links that I need to open in the same window (eg. Just jump to another place in my document) and some need to go out to another PDF and open in a new window.

Will your program allow me to do this

OR am I creating my links incorrectly in the first place - should the internal links (those which need to open in the same window) not be made as hyperlinks as they are mostly all linking to designated headings e.g. H1, h2, h3, etc. should I make these internal links cross-references? Would this then work in conjunction with your program.

Next question is that my husband and I work from home with a small (retirement) business writing manuals. Therefore we have two desktop computers side by side linked via a NAS hub which holds all our files. Would I need to purchase this program twice and does it work with Adobe Acrobat DC?

Thanks

Heather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The tool will convert all the links in your file that point to an external file or URL. It will not affect those that point to another position in the same file. For your other questions please send me an email and we'll discuss it privately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines