• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a Multi-layered Form

Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Using Adobe Acrobat DC I'm trying to replicate and alter a form I have been given as editing the original was causing various issues. The original form was made two years ago the guy that made it cannot remember how he did so. The original form has three buttons that change the visibility of the layers. The layers show different sections with different tick boxes and drop down lists.

My problem arises when i try and import a layer with tick boxes and whatnot to the "base" layer. It doesn't include the tick boxes and so on. When i add them to the form with the three layers on top of the base, they all appear on top of each other and won't change when I change the visibility settings.

Any help would be much appreciated. If any more information is required please let me know and i will provide as accurate information as possible.

Cheers,

Sam

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

In a PDF file form field are not dependent of any layer, they are floating above all layers.

So you cannot rely on a layer's visibility to show-hide form fields.

You need to manage layers visibility and forms fields visibilty separately.

This confusion often comes from InDesign, because in an INDD document any object must be part of a layer, even form fields.

But it's not the case in the next step (PDF).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines