• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a way to Insert a new row of fields for entry on a form

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the format of the attached form. I would like to make it to where the unused fields are not visible unless needed. Is there a way to create a row of fields that the user could unhide or copy and insert under the previous section if additinoal info is needed? As you see, currently there are 10 Dependent fields, that most will not use. Can I create a button that will insert a new "row" when needed? I tried the hide option, but then it just left a big open space. I would prefer it to not look like that. I hope this makes sense. Thank you for any assistance.

I am currently using Adobe DC.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDF forms are not dynamic in this way, unless they were created using LiveCycle Designer.

In order to do it you would need to convert all subsequent elements on the page (and following pages) to fields and use a script to move them all in unison. That's very complicated and requires a lot of work, although maybe not in your case if that is the full file. Either way, I don't think it's worth the trouble, but that's up to you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines