Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom format script trigger

Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi experts

I have a form in which a custom format script is triggered when the document is opened, which causes some fields to be reset unwanted.
According to the documentation the custom format script is a user event, which should only be triggered when the field is activated.
See: https://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/acrobat_dc_sdk/2015/HTMLHelp/index.html#rhhlterm=processing&rhs...

Question: is it a bug or a normal and expected behavior?
I could possibly share the file privately (it's a client's file).

Thank you

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

I want to correct my reply from above. Format scripts are triggered, it seems, when the file is opened, although it's counter-intuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal when the value has changed. To display the value in the field it must formatted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

So Foxit Reader has a different behavior than Acrobat Reader since it doesn't trigger custom format scripts on opening.

I spent a lot of time figuring out which of the two was bugging (my client's agents use both).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Format scripts are not normally triggered just by opening the file. They are triggered when the value of the field changes.
So unless you use a script to change the value of the field when the document is opened, that should not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to correct my reply from above. Format scripts are triggered, it seems, when the file is opened, although it's counter-intuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing that change any value in my startup JavaScript…

Acrobat does it but not Foxit, it drives me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines