• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does AcrobatSDK have function that adding headers and footers?

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the Acrobat SDK add headers and footers that Acrobat can recognize?

when the user choose the 'Document' menu, then 'Header and Footer...' and the 'Update...' entry, then I want to recognize headers and footers.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add headers and footers with Adobe Acrobat. You can find the documentation in the Acrobat SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do i find that. The Adobe SDK documentation is a nightmare and you cannot search it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page 75 of the Acrobat JavaScript Scripting Guide "Adding Headers and Footers" describes addWatermarkFromText, but I think that Acrobat can not recognize headers and footers with this method.

I think that it is the same thing as the following forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/1163382#1163382

Is there any other way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add headers and footers with Adobe Acrobat manually. Then look at the internal structure of the headers and footers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at using AVCommands

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. I'll challenge it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which API do you want to use? You’ve found the JavaScript watermark feature, but when you use the plugin API, you can do pretty much anything in a PDF file as long as you are familiar with the PDF specification. As Bernd explained, when you analyze what The internal structure in PDF of headers and footers is, you should be able to re-create that with your own code. This will not be a simple task, so be prepared to spend a serious amount of time on learning both about PDF and the API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can you provide a link to this document...i cannot find it the adobe crypic online menu system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines