• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Down list convert from text to numerical.

Participant ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I enter a number in the drop-down list, it will be displayed as text in the field. Is there no choice but to create another field and use it to convert it to a number ? Is there any way to solve it by entering the formula in the dialog of the dropdown list ?

When migrating data with FDF, I am having a problem that the destination field that is set as a numerical value is not read. And are the available methods Number(), parseInt(), parseFloat()?

↑↑↑

I'm sorry. Above is insufficient information. I can format the dropdown list with numbers by my Acrobat pro DC. However, it seems that the Chinese person who uses this file is the Chinese version, and he says that Chinese version does not have an official setting in the drop-down list....

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the text as the export value of the items in your drop-down field, and then a simple script to copy the value over to a text field. Like this:

try67_0-1593852733838.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I'll try some based on your reply.

I couldn't grasp the situation in China, so I asked them to send me a screenshot of the Chinese version.

微信图片_20200705151704.jpg

Even in the Chinese version, "numerical(数字)" seems to exist in the format option of the drop-down list. But if they select it, an error alart will be appear. 

微信图片_20200705151648.jpg

I'm not good at Chinese, so I'm not sure what the meaning of this alart is, but they can't use "numerical" anyway.  This error that does not occur in my environment. So I can not understand what is happen..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They need to set the Format setting to None (the first one).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. Thank you. I will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines