• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1305 . Error Reading From File /Adobe Acrobat XI / Data/A1.Cab.

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a continuation of my problem in loading Acrobat 11 onto my machine with Windows XP  Professional x64 Edition Version 2003 Service Pack 2.

I have added the requested additiional upgrade, but now can only get to this error message.

Error 1305 . Error Reading From File /Adobe Acrobat XI / Data/A1.Cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I searcched the disc and could not find a file by that name on the CD, but I am assuming the search is inconclusive and that it is on the CD.

I removed AntiVir , as it is very aggressive. I still have Malware, which always stays unopened until requested, and Spybot, which does the same.

The machine is not onine. I use it for my writing and photo work offline.

Help would be appreciated in finally getting this product, which I recently purchased NIB.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy the disk files to a desktop directory and install from that desktop directory.

if that fails, Error 1305 when you try to install an Adobe product | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I assume you are talking about "dragging it" to the desktop in the format and folder type it is - directly from the CD?

The machine is not on line. It is my writing machine, protected from the world.

Dorian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are talking about "dragging it" to the desktop in the format and folder type it is - directly from the CD?

correct

The machine is not on line. It is my writing machine, protected from the world.

you can still install acrobat.

however, you won't be able to activate acrobat xi from a non-connected computer unless adobe support has some way to do that.

after installtaion, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if I did it correctly. At first I tried copying the entire disc. it seemed to be having probelms - taking a very long time.

I copied the install and the cab.1 files and it did it very quickly.  But, then I received "This is not a valis product ID." message.

I went back to the disc and received teh same emssage - with the entered serial number showing and received the ID message.

At that point I decided to give up rather than copying the entire disc - as I started doing earlier on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears telephone support is not offered for Acrobat -

Is there another PDF product available that will work with XP64.?

I need to use a PDF program from which to copy and edit and create for my writing submissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your disk is unreadable you can download the installation files.

Downloadable installation files available:

Download and installation help for Adobe links

Download and installation help for Prodesigntools links are listed on most linked pages.  They are critical; especially steps 1, 2 and 3.  If you click a link that does not have those steps listed, open a second window using the Lightroom 3 link to see those 'Important Instructions'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I have no idea what is going on with the disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Well, now it appears that adobe says the serial number is not valid when I tried to add it to my adobe account.

???????????????

[serial no. removed - kglad]

It;s on what appears to be a legitimately packeged box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. never post your serial number in public forums.  if it's captured by others, your serial number will be black-listed.

2. you must use the correct installation file (that matches your serial number).  eg, if your serial no. is for a mac installer, you can only use the mac installation files. if your serial number is for acrobat pro (std), you cannot use the std (pro) installation files, Error: "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Adobe Creative Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks-

I was hoping someone would know if the number is associated with a countererfeit copy.

I have a windows version and am using what I believe to be a Windows installer, as it all relates to windows XP.

If Adobe (the website box into which I entered the serial numebr said it is not valid, I am assuming it is an illegal copy, albeit that I paid a good sum for it and the packaging it very offical looking.

I get the message at the end of installation and when I tried to enter the serial umber into my on-line account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An additional question - since I can't get the sofdtware up and running - I've not been able to see if it has an OCR language library in several languages built in, so that when I'm on a non-internet computer I can utlize various languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an invalid serial number message is NOT the message you would see if you were using a counterfeit or black-listed serial number.

the message and link posted in message 10 lists common reasons for an invalid serial number error.  you should read that carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks agin for the continuing interest.

I will redo what I have done, when I last received the instructions.

But - I also get the invalid ID number message from this Adobe page that asks for my products as part of my profile I assume.

Register an older product

https://accounts.adobe.com/products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't think that adds any more info than you've already given: the number you're using is not valid for the product you're trying to license.

1. the number just may be wrong for all adobe products. ie, you're using the wrong number, or

2. your number may be valid for some other adobe product (wrong platform, wrong version, not a single user license etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This was an ostenibly new product - and it was sealed in what appears to be Adobe's typical packaging.

The serial number is on a label on the inner box (disc jacket box).

"Serial Number  Acrobat Pro Ress

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

Separate label:

"DVS/A,APRO,11,WIN,GEN,JPL

W/SENSOR  XXXXXXXX"

(This same number is also on the top label , on the edge / perpendicular to the serial number)

The disc jacket box advises to save the serial numbers and register on line, which i am not able to do. (?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're using the wrong number if the number of x'es you showed is accurate.

your serial number consists of 6 groups of 4 numbers, Find your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2016 Oct 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the actual number listed - and it was removed.

I have downloaded several PDF programs to test them and they went zippity zip - with no problems.

But, I want Adobe on a disc for my situation.

I can't beleive Adobe has not eliminated all these bugs. It is the same with  Flash Player  - they do not support XP-64. It is a commercial decision to move people onto a new platform

It would be very little expense and time for Adobe to accomodate those whant to continue to use their older operatiing systems - but they have the same mercenary mindset that Bill Gates has.

If there were alternatives - I would go there in a heartbeat, but alas Adobe has certain programs that are more complete than any other vendor.

So - Now that I purchased an Adobe product I would like to be able to use it - or purchase another one if this is a fake. I just don't want to buy another and then find out it's Adobe's marketing shtick and lack of concern that has caused this problem.

No other sodtware required adding anything to XP-64 SP2 - only Adobe. No one ase required I clean my program cache to remove possible Adobe remnants still there associated with Adobe Reader.

This eveningI will take the time to go through the additiobnal required steps to make sure I AM NOT doiing something wrong.

I appreciate your help - but, obviously Adobe has its own agenda skewed towards the latest and greatest - and screw everything else - even though the effort to work with older stuff is minimal

Of course this could be a counterfeit - which is what I've been trying to ascertain. - and that would explain it all, and none of it would be Adobe's fault.

Dorian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines