• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Pro DC Version 2021.001.20135.20135 on my Windows 10 desktop. My application is sturctured in C# Win Forms and has been able to open PDF documents without error for at least a year using the following code to open a pdf file without any problems: 

acroAVDoc.OpenInWindowEx(OFDMain.FileName, PANPdf.Handle.ToInt32(), AV_DOC_VIEW, 1, 0, PDUseThumbs, AVZoomFitPage, 0, 0, 0);

Yesterday morning, there were no problems. However, after lunch, I started getting the following exception when trying to open a document after no changes to the code which was functional before lunch:

The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

I contacted Adobe Support and after about two hours of  chatting with a service rep. and a reinstallation of Pro on my desktop, the problem still exists. I have tested the same code on my Windows 10 laptop and the code works fine with DC Pro Version 2021.001.20145. My secondary Windows 10 desktop uses Acrobat Pro 11 and also does not throw the exception when opening a file.

Any ideas what is wrong?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

I ended up just reimaging the drives from an Acronis backup. This resolved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised that in the MS Windows 10 desktop computer, with the 2021.001.20135.20135 version of Acrobat that Adobe support had you reinstall, didn't update to version 2021.001.20145 of Acrobat. 

I was under the impression that updating to the same version update that is working in the Windows 10 laptop would've, or should've, resolve the issue.

I am thinking, if maybe copying the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC preferences from the Acrobat laptop to the Windows 10 desktop computer would do any difference.

Are all Microsoft Windows 10 versions the same in all of the computers with Acrobat?

Is Thumbnail Preview enabled in all Windows  computers ?

Are these computers in the same segment of a local network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up just reimaging the drives from an Acronis backup. This resolved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok great!.  Thank you for that feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines