• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while interacting with scanner the selected scanner was not found

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobate ver 9 pro and now when I try to scan to PDF, the software can no longer find my scanner. I have tried to reinstall the scanner, but that did not fix the problem. The scanner software that cam with my scanner does not have a problem finding the scanner. Any ideas

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please let us know the Operating System installed on your computer?

What is the dot version of Acrobat installed on your computer?

Do you see any error message when trying to scan to PDF?

Check if there is an update available for Acrobat, launch Acrobat>click on Help menu> then click Check for Updates.

Also , try to perform the steps given here: Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat and here Acrobat cannot find printer/scanner

Let us know if it worked.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating System: Window 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

Adobe Acrobat: Version 9.5.5

Error Message: "Error while interacting with scanner: the selected scanner was not found"

I have checked for updates and none were found. Ran the "Repair Acrobat Installation" under the help menu. Also, deleted all of the temp files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I would like to mention that Acrobat 9 is not compatible with Windows 7, please visit this link for more information: Adobe Acrobat system requirements.

However, you can visit the following links which discusses the same issue:

"Error while interacting with the scanner: the selected scanner was not found." Called brother and m...

Selected Scanner Was Not Found

"Selected scanner was not found"

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the options available under Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat

Also Acrobat 9 is quite an older version of Acrobat. So please try latest acrobat DC trial version Download Adobe Acrobat free trial | Acrobat Pro DC

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to Document's tab selected custom scan and it allowed my the option to change the scanner and select the correct on as by default it was not recognizing the connected scanner. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help. I had the same issue and with your steps, I could solve the problem. 

1) Open Adobe Acrobat

2) File --> Create --> PDF from Scanner --> Custom Scan

JeanPaul5E7C_1-1630017256765.png

3) Select the correct scanner and click scan. 

JeanPaul5E7C_2-1630017352120.png

4) Scan a file.

5) your default scanner is changed to the new selected scanner. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines