Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expandable PDF form

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Adobe Acrobat Standard DC. I have created a static form. I want to convert it into a dynamic form which expands depending on the input from a flat file.For e.g. : If  a row looks like the one given below, I want the rows to have only that many lines as the input data file. I do not much knowledge in JavaScript. Is there a way to do this? The input data for this will be in an array. So if the array has only 1 entry, only one row should be displayed and the position of rest of the form should be adjusted accordingly. Any info regarding this greatly appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi manjulakash

You can’t do this with the free Acrobat Reader where you posted or out-of-the-box with forms with Acrobat Standard DC.

You asked about JavaScript, so I‘ll move this from Acrobat Reader to JavaScript.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. This is not possible with Acrobat PDF forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you have described is a LiveCycle form. You need the LiveCycle Designer to create one.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer overview 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines