Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable Form: Submit Form to Email, not Create Draft

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a fillable PDF form that I have created. I have everything ready to go with the exception of submitting a form. I want the submit form button that I have created to email a copy of the PDF to the recipient. I have tried the native submit form action, and I have tried javascript to try and get the button to email a copy of the form. I can only get it to create a draft in the "Drafts" folder, and not send. I have searched the forums and the internet to try and find a solution. So far the only success I have is that it creates a draft. Can somebody help me and/or point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Jeff

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to send the draft. This is a vital and unavoidable part of protecting your system. If you want a submit with no questions, and which works for people without email clients (as many as half the audience, easily) you need to submit to a web server, to a script written by a professional web programmer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. Understandable. What about sending the PDF to SharePoint. I have tried that using the URL. I am getting an error "Error opening URL to submit this form". I copied the URL(Web Address) as it appears in the settings in SharePoint. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing so requires installing a script on the local machine of each user who is going to use the file, and even then they will be prompted to approve it, as it's a huge security risk if an application could just send emails on your behalf silently and without any approval whatsoever from the user...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Understandable. What about sending the PDF to SharePoint. I have tried that using the URL. I am getting an error "Error opening URL to submit this form". I copied the URL(Web Address) as it appears in the settings in SharePoint. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines