• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form with Checkboxes and Conditional Text

New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am VERY new to Javascript and have been scouring these threads to find a solution, but I'd appreciate any assistance! I'm trying to develop a conditional form with 8 checkboxes. If a checkbox is selected, I want the applicable text to appear. I was able to make this work using the Actions Tab and "Show/hide a field."

However, if the checkbox is unchecked, I'd like the text to be hidden. I drafted the code for a text field, but that didn't seem to work:

if (event.target.value("CHECKBOX").value=="Off")
event.target.value("TEXTFIELD").value="";

Also are there any suggestions as to how to adjust the formatting if only 4 of 8 checkboxes are applied? I tried to input the terms into a table, but I'm not sure how that would work...

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

event.target.value is not a function. You can't use a parameter at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

event.target is used if your script is executed directly from the target field; in this case, for example, a checkbox field.

You may modify the script like this:

/* 
first declare your variables, as a good rule of thumb always place your declarations at the very top of your script(s)
*/

var f = event.target;

var field = this.getField("TEXTFIELD");

// then establish your IF condition(s)

if (f.value == "Off") {

text.value = "";

}

As to how to achieve this when at least four out of the eight  checkboxes are checked, a more elaborate JavaScript script is needed; it is not that trivial if you're new to Acrobat JavaScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines