• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Format default text in text box

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way apply different formatting to text as default text in a text box?

In the example shown, I would like to have the first word (shown in green in the example) bold - and the rest normal unbold.  
Unfortunately, applying formatting appears to apply to the entire contents of the "Default Value" - not just selected text.

If that isn't possible, can the text box have a title?

2018-07-16_12-56-21.jpg

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's possible, as the default value of a field is just a string of text, not an array of Span objects, which is what you would need to use to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One workaround I thought of is to use the field's On Blur event and apply that rich value, if the field is empty.

However, that won't work when the form is reset manually...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That won't work in this case - the text field is read only. (I'm using it only to display a response to the checkbox)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case it's certainly possible. You just need to apply the value using a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I was afraid that that was the answer...

I should probably pose this as a separate question, but the solution applies to the same problem:

Is it possible to LINK to text boxes together in a group?  I am trying to hide/show text on a form based on the response to a checkbox (I can easily do this with javascript with ONE field - and yes, I know I could turn on two or more fields, it just gets really messy).

Or ---

How hard (if possible at all) would it be simply add(display) text based on a checkbox response (again using javascript)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- You can access multiple fields at once if they are named in a specific way that makes them all a part of a group.

The way to do that is to use a period with the group's name before it and the field's individual name after it.

For example: MyField.Text1 and MyField.Text2

You can then hide both fields like this:

this.getField("MyField").display = display.hidden;

- Setting the value of a text field based on a check-box is a common thing. You can use a script under the text field's custom calculation script to achieve it. Here's a simple example:

if (this.getField("Checkbox1").value=="Off") event.value = "NO";

else event.value = "YES";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Genius!  postfixing the fieldname  with ".name" made life much easier. try67​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines