Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting text from Form field

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm developing a Plugin for Adobe Reader, where we (form a stand alone program) can read the selected text range aloud. The words are highlighted during read.

The plugin can read now read and highlight selected body text.

I want to extend the plugin so it would be able to read and highlight text in form fields. (where user can enter data).

If I select text in a form field AVDocGetSelectionType return "AcroTextEditSelection". I cant' find any information about this selection type.

Does anyone know how to get and highlight text in form fields?

Thanks in advance.

Carsten

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Most selection types are opaque. There is nothing to be discovered about them. You may have to write your own highlighter code, savvy about both page content and form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most selection types are opaque. There is nothing to be discovered about them. You may have to write your own highlighter code, savvy about both page content and form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No exactly the answer I hoped for.

It doesn't sound as an easy task. I'm new the Adobe SDK,  could you please point me to some samples, functions so I'm starting to go in the right direction to implement this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines