Copied

when i am done filling out a form how do I permanently save it

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the form to be unmodifiable before it is signed, because I need to prevent the signer from modifying it.  This is a pretty standard expectation, is that possible to accomplish?

I would print to PDF, but apparently you can't do that from the native PDF editing program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can flatten the form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ignore my previous answer as the questioner refine the question to a different question so my answer is now irrelevant. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools > Print Production > Preflight (make sure Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles is selected at the top of the Preflight dialogue) > Select Profiles (the toolbox icon) > Under PDF Fixups, select Flatten annotations and form fields (just be aware this will flatten links as well as form fields).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Thanks to others as well for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, perhaps it is because I am using the Crapintosh version, but the dialogs and options for doing this are very different, and after appearing to perform this operation, the resulting file is still an editable, fillable PDF form.

I am going to have to send this anyway but for future reference I would love to be able to know how to do that

Most people's instructions for "flattening" a PDF involve printing it to PDF which is apparently not possible within acrobat

Also FWIW, according to the Help query, "flatten" yields no results

I just printed the thing on paper and scanned the resulting piece of paper but I feel like in 2020 this ought to be achieveable in software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this Javascript code:

this.flattenPages();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was thinking more along the lines of an existing feature already implemented in a software product, preferably this one! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the PDF Optimizer too:

Capture_000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What/where is this?  The only Optimize feature I'm familiar with does not have these options, and again, according to Help, this topic just doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines