• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I show text when clicking checkbox...? and more

New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I'm quite illiterate when it comes to Adobe Acrobat, but now I have to create a form.

First obstacle, how can I use a checkbox (i.e. tick checkbox action) to show text? (actually both just text but also text and form). Is there a way to do this? is it dynamic enough to do this or shall I just give up. Objective is to have one form for different audiences, and some information should be visible to those who tick the checkbox, for those who don't should only see limited text and forms. Maybe there is a really good tutorial for this, or video?

I have figured out how to create forms and that was easy enough. I also found some javascripts that may work?:

var f = this.getField("chk2");
if(f.isBoxChecked(0)){

this.getField("teamset2").display = display.visible;

this.getField("member2").display = display.visible;
}
else {

this.getField("teamset2").display = display.hidden;

this.getField("member2").display = display.hidden;

}

BUT - i don't even know how to name the text. I.e. the "getField" - i guess that is only for fields, checkboxes etc. But can it be used for plain text too?

Much grateful for help. and sorry for asking probably very stupid question. But would really like to make this work.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A script can't show or hide static text directly. It can show/hide form fields, as you've found out, so you could create a (read-only) text field or you can use a (read-only) field to cover up the static text and then hide that field when you want to make the text visible, and vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Kind of suspected it. That means thinks like borders and lines (to make things look a bit neater) cannot be hidden/shown either then I assume...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only by hiding them using other elements (namely, fields), as I've described before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I seem to have some problems with my document related to the topic. I cannot save it and I have absolutely no clue why. Anyone able to help me continue? don't want to make more changes to my doc if I cannot save it. many many many thanks!Capture - Copy.PNGCapture1 - Copy.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the document is corrupt. How did you create it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From An excel file. But I recreated and seems to be fine. We'll see

Den ons 29 maj 2019 10:44try67 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> skrev:

How do I show text when clicking checkbox...? and more created by try67

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/try67> in JavaScript - View the full

discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/11097499#11097499>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines